Monster Mares 591 members · 509 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Where does a Revenant fall on the monster scale? Are they grouped up with just the undead or are they separate from zombies and lil sketels?

I mean, most Revanants I can recall are more ghostly.._

Alrighty, thank you ^^

I'd say undead. A revenant is a corpse brought back to life to seek vengeance. Think Eric Draven from The Crow or Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th films.

Robipony
Group Admin

6860689 They would be considered undead, however they usually are more resilient/intelligent than zombies.

Out of curiosity is there a particular reason you asked? :derpyderp2:

I may or may not have one

Lupine Infernis
Group Contributor

Revenants are undead, but seperate from zombies and spooky scary skeletons in the same way that every wolf is a canine, but not every canine is a wolf.

Revenants differ from zombies in their origins; zombies can resurrect due to supernatural means (magic, curse, rituals), scientific means (chemical spills, virus,), and paranatural means (aliens, eldritch beings), but revenants are almost exclusively supernatural and have a specific reason for coming back that isn't just hunger for flesh and blood (doesn't mean they can't have it, though).

Revenants are smarter, more likely to remember their former lives and maintain their personalities, and usually have powers like weather control, super-strength, off-screen teleportation, and the ability to manipulate space to keep up with a running victim by just power-walking. Sometimes, they're unkillable unless you destroy the source of their power, or they complete the task they were brought back for.

Long story short, they're a hybrid between an undead and a spectre. On my personal ranking of undead, they're above a zombie but below a lich. :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9