The Break Away Collab Group 29 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
cleverpun
Group Admin

Me and some other contributors are still working on the first draft of the story bible for Story 2 (title pending). As before, I'm still deciding how to handle formal signups and chapter pitches.

In the meantime, everyone is welcome to read the story bible and make suggestions or comments. The major question at this time is pretty simple in nature, but has many potential answers:

Who accompanies Trixie on her quest?

My current preferences are to have two party members: Starlight and Crystal Compass--an OC of my design who acts as a foil to the other two. I wanted a mix of established and original characters to give contributors more options in how and what they write. But the other people on the gDoc have made cases for many ponies, including every character who featured in the first collab.

Another thing to consider is the title.

Here or in the gDoc, feel free to chime in and discuss possible party members (or any other details, be they important or ancillary)!

Sollace
Group Contributor

I like the idea of having Starlight. She's a good friend to Trixie and balances her character nicely.

As for the title?

Hm... I feel like I want a "Letters from a Friend at the End of The World" feel to it, so... "Ending Tales of The Amulet"?

cleverpun
Group Admin

6326499 My original plan was to have Starlight + 1 other pony. I'm worried that having just Starlight and Trixie might not provide enough variety

Sollace
Group Contributor

Yeah, I get that. I'm saying I like having Starlight there, even if you put in a third wheel.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

I honestly don't like Crystal Compass yet. She feels a little like a plot device; she's Trixie, but better in every apparent way and knows how to get to the place.

Starlight's place here is indisputable. She works on every level.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5