The Break Away Collab Group 29 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
cleverpun
Group Admin

Story Bible: Trixie Amulet Collab

While I have not moved to formal signups or decided how to organize the project yet, the details of the story itself are starting to take shape. I have never written a story bible before (except that bare minimum/unhelpful one for the last collab), and so any constructive criticism about readability or potential information to include is welcome and encouraged!

Moosetasm
Group Contributor

A good way would be to start with the synopsis, maybe recap in case anyone not in on the last one wants to try their hoof at it. For the story guidelines, it’s a good idea to separate them into sections for what isn’t flexible, what is mildly flexible, and what is flexible. That way there’s an easy way for a writer to check as to whether what they’re doing or thinking of doing is well within the guidelines, is just brushing the boundaries, is pushing them, or has crossed over into left field material.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

Can we invite new people to join?

cleverpun
Group Admin

6306303 Of course! But we are still in the preplanning stages, so there may not be a huge amount for them to do yet :derpytongue2:

cleverpun
Group Admin

6303343 I do intend to summarize every chapter that people write for this collab, as a reference point to go back to. But I also am considering making reading the previous story and the chapters that other authors write for this one mandatory. A lack of cohesion was a common criticism of the previous story, and I want to have a more unified, plot-driven project this time.

I think flexible/inflexible is something that will need to be decided on a case-by-case basis. While having a list of precedents that have been set is good, I was hoping that summarizing every chapter would cover that sort of thing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5