Fictional Crush/Love Group 48 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Chase123
Group Admin

Hurts for me. :ajsleepy:

5845910 My love for Megan has helped me to stay grounded at times.

Chase123
Group Admin

Yeah, kinda both. It has sort of a nostalgic pain to it for me.

Chase123
Group Admin

For me, it sometimes help me feel great about life, and happy. Whenever I watch episodes with my fictional crush in it, I feel better.
But sometimes....Uhh....

5846429 Yeah, I can see that. Whenever I watch Megan in G1 I feel better. It's the same when I watch Pinkie too, though it's because she is both silly and sweet.

I think it depends what one means by hurt. And depends on how one treats the situation. Obviously there's a certain pain in longing after somebody who isn't even actually real. You know it can never be. And treating it like it's... I don't know. Like it's really love? That feels harmful to me, in an active kind of way. Mistaking a crush for love... they're not the same thing. How can it be love after all? Love isn't what Hollywood presents, this tidy storybook thing that happens at first sight and is some kind of perfect destiny. Love is messy. Love is dealing with all the mess and fuss if reality, because in the end it's worth it, and because they do the same for you. Love is growing together with somebody, and you can't grow together with somebody who isn't actually there with you. Pretending that it's real at the expensive of living your real life doesn't seem like a good idea.

But I find a fictional crush to be sort of... I don't know. Frustrating, yes, but also freeing. They aren't real, so they can be your perfect fantasy, and you can just indulge in "what if" without any guilt. They will never really be yours, but they also never will turn you down, never will break your heart, and never will turn out to actually be somebody other than what you thought, which happens a lot in reality. Fictional crushes are safe, I guess is what I mean, and it's nice to have that safe-ness to retreat to when you need to. Maybe it's a kind of crutch, but hey, crutches exist for a reason. Sure we should probably move beyond them eventually, but meanwhile they're good to have.

Chase123
Group Admin

I don't want it to be a fantasy...
I want it to be real...I want to grow with that person...
Fuck..Now I seem like I have mental issues...

5849927 Hey, I don't think it's wrong to want. Just don't go convincing yourself it is real, that's when you start needing the head shrinking, I think.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9