My Little Pony: The Movie 264 members · 126 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I live in the uk but at the odeon cinema in a city not that far from my home in Glenrothes (I got my grandad to drive me) there were early showings so I was able to go and didn't have to wait until the 20th. Here are my thoughts and the total spoilers are covered:

First the hanazuki short was alright, a nice touching wcene near the end but nothing to make me a fan

Positives
The awesome animation
The songs were good, open your eyes was probably my favourite, the sia song was nice, capper' was like a low key you've never had a friend like me, I got the soundtrack from Amazon when it was released and I only wish they did call upon the sea poniws and a version of the theme song
Tempest was an. Awesome antagonist
Most of the celebrity voice cast were good
Capper was nice
The storm king was funny and threatening
Grubber got laughs
Awesome action scenes
Skystar as fun,cbasically aeapony pinkie with a bit of ariel
I had fun spotting the cameos at the beginning
The end credits were fun
derpy got to help in the beginning

In the middle
I didn't think queen Novo's voice matched
I thought tempests redemption was decently handled

Things I didn't like
I wish the storm King had more screen time
They didn't explain the storm kign or his staff a lot, wish there was a bit where twilight looked him up,at least they gave a little bit background for King sombra n the crystal empire episodes for how little he shown up
Twilight's outburst and the event leading up to it, it was sore as she is my fave character
No sign of shining or explanation where he has at, wish there was a throwaway line saying he couldn't make it because someone had to look after the empire or that they were not able to get a babysitter for flurry
Applejack and fluttershy didn't get much to contribute

So I really enjoyed the movie,city's basically a bigger scale season opener or finale,crisp there is a sequel
My fave mlp fim story is still magical mystery cure but this is probably a close second or third

Plus I wish they shwoed Storm King to try and give tempest her horn onyl to shrug if he failed and say he did the best he could but no big deal which would show a bigger trauma for tempest knowing she would her soul for nothing, it would fix a complaint fans had that it as inconsistent from the pragmatic personality from the prequel comic

i was thinking the same thing as i left the theater "where is Shining Armor?" I was hoping Cadance or Twilight would at lease say where he is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3