History Bronies 145 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

This is a pretty good video BUT it has its inaccuracies that I will correct.

1:27 The Fenni was one of many Finnish tribes not THE! Finnish tribe, and they are where the name Finland comes from.
1:31 No it doesn't, no one actually know what Suomi means.
1:41 Of course they are not Caucasians, they don't even live in the Caucasus. And I'm pretty sure he mixed up Caucasian and Indo-European.
1:52 Why are the Norse only in Southeastern part of Sweden and the half of Denmark? The existed in the Whole of Denmark, South and Central Sweden and South Norway.
2:53 No not the Swedish Empire but instead Sweden as a country.
3:08 Pretty sure Sweden brought peace, considering that the Finnish tribes fought each others constantly before they became part of Sweden.
3:29 Queen*
3:52 Pomerania was German back then not Polish.
4:24 Charles was Sigismund's uncle not nephew.
4:31 The Club war was not a revolt against the Crown, It was a revolt fueled by Charles against Governor Clas Eriksson Fleming who was a suporter of Sigismund and the most powerful nobleman in Finland, Clas more or less ruled Finland as an independent state that did not recognise Charles as King instead of Sigismund.
5:02 The Finns were NOT! treated any different than the Swedes especially not as soldiers, Finnish regiments fought everywhere the Swedish Regiments fought and vise versa.
5:19 Sweden did not declare war against its neighbours it was the other way around.
5:25 Do you have any sources for that statement? Because there exist non.
6:26 No they didn't! during that time Sweden was ruled by the nobleman Arvid Bernhard Horn af Ekebyholm who was a FINN!!!. And there were no desires for independence in Finland because they where not oppressed any more than the Swedes.

Quite a few inaccuracies as you can see.

In regards to 1:41, while I am not sure what is used in Europe, in the US Caucasian is used as the catch all term for anyone of European decent (ie. white), even if their ancestors never set foot in the Caucasus Mountains.

I know it means white but it's weird. Black people are called Afro-American, South Americans are called Hispanic, White are called Caucasian and Asians are called Asians. For me as a european only the Asian one makes sence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3