Free To Fly 19 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

For those who life in the city where grassy fields are nowhere in sight and the lights around you make it hard to see even a single star in the night sky. For those who seek joy in plains but fear heights because of what you see on your TV every morning. For those who think bird watching is lame but secretly say hi to Mr. Chirpin every day. And for those who hate the loud everyday noises of cars, factories, guns, hate and even the words that come out your own mouth... Have you ever dreamed of being in space? Does the thought of sit in a dark room make you somewhat happy? When you run do you feel as if you running just a bit faster with make you float somehow? Do you enjoy watching clouds no matter what the weather? At night, is your sealing a star filled sky just from your imagination? Do you wish you were deaf sometimes? My answer to these questions are all yes. What's your answer?

5858066 I don't want to run away from the world. I wish to face it all and make it my own.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858252 But even on your most happiest day doesn't it feel like there's more you could see then Earth?

5858324 Oh, definitely. I wish to face the Universe and make it my own.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858330 I guess I'm not the only one after all. :pinkiesmile:

5858346 Do you think there's something significant out there that we're not seeing?

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858357 I always think about that. Like theres more out there than just aliens or earth like plants. There could be other us'. A similar copy but different in many ways. Or maybe there's an edge to our universe but we can reach it. At least not yet.

5858365 Even in the multi-verse theory, 'other us' aren't supported. Not every universe is viable. It's like when you multiply random numbers. There are infinite possibilities, yet you will never be able to get the number 7 or 11 or infinite other prime numbers.

There probably are other beings out there, but they aren't 'us'.

As for the edge of the universe, how would that look like? Would there be bricks everywhere?

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858389 I always had this personal theory that the universe was in a bubble. Not like one made of soapy water but just a bubble in general. I don't know why.

5858395 Bubbles have substance on the edges. So, are there bricks at the end of space?

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858396 I guess. It would be weird to get there and see bricks though. But also funny. :rainbowlaugh:

5858398 What would happen if we were to smash those bricks and try to get through?

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858414 Damn... I never thought of that. Thats some deep thinkin man. :applejackconfused:

5858416 Here's what I think: There is no end. Even if the inclusion of matter is finite, there is no end to space itself. You could travel forever, and you wouldn't reach the end.

As for the aliens, I don't believe they exist in this Universe. The chemical reactions needed to start a life are almost impossible. It's the reason why we don't meet aliens when we walk down the streets. We don't even hear from them, and it's not because we wouldn't be listening. I think you need Millions of Universes before you get one with life in it.

This Universe is ours for the taking. That's what humanity should be focusing on.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858429 But the stereotypical alien looks like a being with big bug like eyes, a slender body, 3 or 4 fingers and sometimes no genitals. What if aliens look like us only a little deformed? Or the mythical creatures we talk about everyday like Moth Man, bigfoot, and the Jersey Devil could be aliens. Or even made up creatures like creepy pastes could be real on a distant planet.

5858438 Look at the millions of different species on Earth. Does any species look like a human besides human? It doesn't, and that's despite the fact that all those species lived on the same planet with the same conditions.

Alien worlds are different from this one. Different conditions would bring rise to different species, adapted for that environment. It would be extremely improbable for an alien to look like Homo Sapience.

As for the other creatures you mentioned, they don't exist. You need at least 1000 individuals of the same species if you hope to keep the species alive. Unless you believe there are thousands of Moth Men out there, there aren't any.

If you had the technology to go to other planets, would you use it to go there, undress and run through the alien forests while screaming? That's what it would take to explain the primitive creatures you mentioned. You can't have highly advanced and primitive creatures at the same time. If they exist, they aren't intelligent aliens.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858444 I guess not. But I still feel like we're not alone in this universe. We might not see it yet or we may never see it at all but somewhere far off in a distant galaxy I believe there are aliens. They might look like us or not. I still think we're not the only ones in this one universe.

5858450 I've seen the research. We know what it would take to form a life. The probabilities are abysmal. So much that you could have entire universe at your disposal and you'd likely not be able to produce it. I believe you'd have to go through multiple universes before you'd stumble on one that hit the jackpot.

The bottom line is this: The universe was here for almost 14 billion years. We'd only need less than 1 billion to conquer an entire universe. So ask yourself, if you ring on your neighbor's doorbell, what is the chance of an alien opening that door? If you look out the window, why don't you see aliens?

If you were correct, Earth would be teaming with aliens by now. And yet, it's not. The world you describe is very different from the one we're living in.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858471 Foiled by my favortive subject. Science.... Well even though it is true and unlike in pretty much all cases, don't you think is would still be cool to have an alien as a next door neighbor?! :pinkiehappy:

Come on. Its fun to dream sometime. It might not be real but if there was a chance I'd enjoy it. All of it.

5858489 It would, indeed, make for a more interesting life on this planet. It's okay to fantasize about it, as long as your fantasies don't mix with reality.

Even if there were aliens, I don't think the state of multi-speciesism could last for long. Some forms are better than others, so some would prevail. I wager it wouldn't be humans. People don't see it, and you probably won't understand what I mean, either. We're lacking on all the fronts, yet, nopony sees this because we have nothing better to compare ourselves to. We're like a cock at the top of the manure, thinking ourselves kings of the mountain. But I see the unused genetic potential. We could be so much more...

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858495 To be honest, you did kinda lose me there but I think I understand a bit of it. So pretty much what I'm hearing is humans have screwed up big time. We are so on top of everyone else in terms of being top species that we think we're the rulers of all things on this and every planet. Sadly, we aren't because we don't even have to right minds to keep our species alive. Am I close? Please tell me I'm close to what you said. :rainbowderp:

5858517 You're close.

What I was aiming at was the potential that we're not unlocking. We see ourselves as the end product of evolution, yet we're anything but. Look at the 'extraordinary' people who exist on our planet. Like this guy who can draw you a city from memory:

You think him special, but he's not. We're the special ones—the unevolved ones. We should all be able to do what he does and do it 100 times better. There's no reason why we wouldn't have these abilities. The genes allow for them.

And yet, everyone is so self-centered that they don't see it. They think they're the norm. They see themselves as normal, yet they're nothing but degenerated retards. All of them. They're so devolved that they can't even grasp how pathetic they are.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858539 Ahhh shit!! I was in the middle of typing and my phone died! Why!!! :raritycry:

I'm not retyping all of what I said... Mostly because I just forgot.... To put it in a short statement, Darwin's theory is dead. Also, please don't say "retard". Thank you.

5858611 I'm not talking about Darwin's evolution. I'm proposing Eugenics.

Retard is a valid word which means 'A person of subnormal intelligence'. And yes, I'm calling every single human on Earth (including myself) a retard, because that's what we are compared to what we could have been.

I know you won't understand me. Nopony does. No one sees what I see.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858633 You're right. We don't understand. But no one understands everyone fully. Trust me when I say I don't understand things I understand. Its weird but just except it.

5858655 Oh, I understand and accept it. Just like you can't make a blind person understand sight, so too will my message never be understood. I just feel sorry for humanity.

If I had the power, I'd change everything. You'd see norms, that persisted through your entire life, crumbling around you. It would feel like coming into the Chaos world where Discord lives. In time, however, you'd realize that you had been actualy living in the Chaos world before and that's why you felt so alienated when transitioning to the brave new world of order that I'd create for mankind.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858679 I'd just make its rain candy and all matter would be soft and plushie~ :heart:

5858716 I'd exterminate all humans after engineering a more advanced species.

We probably wouldn't be able to rule together.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858725 Yeah..... We'd be enemies..... :applejackunsure:

5858730 Indeed. You'd consider me the most evil person who ever lived.

TheHeartsSisters
Group Admin

5858739 And you'd find me to be a little baby cupcake person.

5858754 Indeed. I find all humans to be little baby cupcake persons.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33