Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Yesterday, I did unethical things. I didn't mean to, but I wasn't thinking enough. For the first time, I got concerned and even a little scared when Alsvid claimed that someone here was organizing trolling raids, and I wanted to prevent the group from being deleted by a site mod. I openly confess that had suspected multiple users of either supplying disinformation to Alsvid or planning raids against her. Judging from her lack of response, it's probably either just that:

1. Alsvid is lying to our faces and isn't replying because Alsvid doesn't have an explanation to get out of the fact she lied.

2. Alsvid is referring to the times I talked about Alsvid's activities on TGD Discord server. I seldom ever linked Alsvid's threads and never told anybody to go there when I did, only to read. However, I really shouldn't mock other people like that, especially when their most dedicated ally monitors my posts so much. To Violet Rose in the Rain, one of Alsvid's few actual allies, objection is the same as oppression, and she maybe told this to Alsvid. If this hypothesis is correct, Alsvid is not responding because Alsvid is perplexed that I'd have no idea what she's talking about. Regardless, this would make the incident entirely my fault.

I'm sorry I suspected some of my own group's users, and what's worse, I'm sorry I nearly skewered the vote for the new admin out of this fear, first expressing concern that she doesn't take things seriously over a PM to Hellblazer, and then back-tracking and saying that she knows site mods. Neither of these factors should be the main basis for whether she gets the job or not.

Most of all, I'm sorry that Hellblazer got caught in the crossfires of everything, having to see me change my mind like rapidfire out of concern and fear. I didn't mean to put pressure on him or twist his arm, I was only trying to backtrack out of what I thought was a misjudgement, but it still wasn't cool of me. I really should have stayed calmer and asked more questions and admitted that I don't really know enough about some users to make such decisions without just asking for objective opinions from others. I'm sorry.

Let's give the situation time, it seems to have already settled as most situations involving Alsvid do, and let's vote again for or against the Parasprite as admin around early October, with fresher and more objective minds.

It's alright, we all make mistakes. And you weren't strong arming me or anything. Though personally, I think Possibility 1 is more likely. Alsvid seems like the type to lie about users and groups he detests. I also think we should have the vote again in a couple weeks or so, once all this blows over.

What exactly did I miss...?

It's all good, Grant. I know how ya like, your intentions wasn't anything malicious.

Do not worry, we've all been there one way or another (remember how I reacted after my last argument with Dragon-Fossil-Messiah) just remember that we all make mistakes but few accept it or take the responsibility for it (which you did) and I respect you for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5