Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Cadiefly
Group Contributor

Title: Internet Explorer in Equestria by TechnoNerd
Amount Read: 100%
Verdict: Reject (4/10)
Reason:

What's written here isn't bad from a mechanical perspective. I didn't notice much in the way of errors that I can easily point out. The main thing that I saw was the sentences being a tad too long in some places. There's a few awkwardly phrased sentences, but it's nothing that significantly diminishes its readability.

The descriptions were rather abrupt, as shown in the example below.

A large display materialized above the browser, navigating to a video clip on Youtube.

As you can see above, the items simply happen, and they don't really had a whole lot of depth to the scene. It can create a somewhat jarring effect, but I think that's the purpose in writing prompts like this story. It's not really meant to excel in the world building or add to the scene. They are just funny one-liners meant to emit a chuckle or two.

And I think the story does okay in doing that for the general populous, but overall this story feels more like a concept rather than a fully fleshed out story with deep characterization, intricately woven plot, and interesting world building. It's a "What-if scenario" without the punchline.

Note: We're changing up our review style a bit. As such, everyone is free to become involved in an open discussion on this story and review, and we can discuss interpretations or storytelling aspects here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1