Reviewers Cafe 576 members · 410 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Lome
Group Contributor

Scientific Analysis by Samey90

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/277022/scientific-analysis

Reviewed by Lome

‘Scientific Analysis’ is a mildly troubling read for me for one major reason- Dr. Hooves extreme naivety. Though likely written as a bit of good fun, I can’t help but shake the odd tone this sets for the story right from the start. Hooves is so obtuse it seems as though he is unaware of what sex is, a point that is repeated many times throughout the story.

‘Analysis’ begins with a light and silly tone, immediately engaging in a premise that is loosely based in quantum physics.. and butts. No, really. The main conceit of the plot revolves around ‘plot’, specifically that of our favorite cross-eyed mailmare. It would appear as though the aforementioned posterior possesses properties that the good doctor is keen on investigating. No really, his interest in her backside is actually purely scientific. Overall this scenario is a little off-putting at best and questionably nonconsensual at worst.

‘Analysis’ builds to a satisfying climax at a good pace, every action and reaction makes sense in the scenario that we see unfolding before us. The transition from silly to smutty is fairly natural and fits the characters well. I’d love some more motivation for Derpy, is she just looking for a fling, or does she have feelings for the Doctor? Is she just suddenly turned on or has she secretly been wanting this moment to happen for a while?

Knowing more about the ‘why’ would really help make the act of lovemaking feel earned and rewarding. That being said, the dialogue and interactions with the characters are fairly spot-on and even go so far as to include a few moments of slapstick destruction. As the story progresses, the sexual dialogue is equal parts flirty, silly, and jargon-filled.

“I feel some powerful manifestation coming(...)”

“It’s working!” he exclaimed. “Entropy’s rising!”

The doctor looked at his dick. “So, it’s like a control rod?” he asked. “But it’s not made of cadmium!”

“It will do.” Derpy smirked. “Trust me, doc. Trust and thrust.”

Overall, ‘Analysis’ is a fun little clopfic with an interesting hook that is dense with jargon and a little morally iffy. A fun little read that you can tell is well-researched and carefully constructed, ‘Analysis’ is a short clopfic worth taking a closer look at.

First Impressions 7/10

Tone & Mood 6/10

Character & Personality 8/10

Plot & Theme 6/10

Average Score 6.8/10

Verdict: Reject

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1