The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Alsvid
Group Admin

President Trump on Thursday called Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) "Medicare for all" plan a "curse on the U.S.”

"Bernie Sanders is pushing hard for a single payer healthcare plan - a curse on the U.S. & its people," Trump tweeted.

"I told Republicans to approve healthcare fast or this would happen. But don't worry, I will veto because I love our country & its people."

Sanders introduced his bill Wednesday with the support of 16 Senate Democrats, more support than he's ever received for single-payer bills he has proposed in the past.

Trump said he would veto the bill, but it has virtually no chance of passing the Republican-controlled Congress.

The bill would extend Medicare to every U.S. citizen and get rid of employer insurance plans.

A similar bill in the House has the support of more than half of the Democratic Caucus.

Still, Democrats are far from united on single-payer health care.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) have both declined to endorse the plan. 

I can't believe Schumer and Pelosi didn't fucking endorse it. What the actual fuck is wrong with them?

Didn't Trump say Australia's healthcare system was great and praised Single-payer in one of his books?

Also, follow the money. Schumer gets paid millions by insurance companies.

I think Senator Chris Murphy is in talks with Senator Bernie Sanders to cosponser Bernie's bill. They'll probably merge both bills.

I've seen Hillary supporters on Twitter. They're throwing their support behind Chris Murphy's bill simply because the other one was proposed by Bernie Sanders who is apparently their boogieman. They don't care if it was cosponsered by Senators Warren, Harris, Franken, and Booker.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3