Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

So. Appearance. That's a thing. That's a thing that can land you in hot water. Are these MLP ponies? I haven't heard much about them not being so, except maybe slightly more dressed.

If your ponies look toooo similar to Hasbro's ponies, that is an infringement.

Now, mind, if they were using realistic horses, this would be basically unenforceable. They don't own horses. But they aren't. The MLP pony is a unique creature that they do own. As some have told me, they're really more like oddly shaped cats that resemble something vaguely equine.

They are not horses.

So, what are the ponies around here?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5509112 well the biggest difference is that I think we,ve decides that these ponies should be bipedal. Also, the equus (i think that's what we are calling earth ponies right now) have this weird soft forehooves that allow them to pick stuff up. There is actually another thread on this. It's called About the ponies. Oh, and they wear clothes.

5509153 Ah? All bipedal?

Yep, you're pretty safe there then. I wasn't aware that was a settled matter.

Comment posted by Darkscout99 deleted Sep 24th, 2016
Darkscout99
Group Admin

5509156 I forgot, to say they don't have cutie makes either. And I'm not sure the ponies being bipedal is cannon yet, but it's pretty agreed on in the thread.

5509162 Brands and tattoos are hard to say you invented, though a tattoo that works with fur would be magic.

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5509166 I may just be getting this wrong, but the last time I read about the mark idea was that it was a patch of cloth that said your house or something like that, and then a mark that says your profession on that cloth. This may be wrong but it's what I got last time I read it.

5509185 Ah, a literal badge of office. That's pretty safe.

5509187 Yea i like the idea, thought bipdeal seems werid at first

5509307 Not my cup of tea. Ponyfinder horses shall remain horses, but hey, this is your thing. Take it your way!

5509327 Its a voting thing, we all vote on it. Bipeadl horses is just werid, so I say make them normal, but everything else is fine.

5509329 Is there a poll posted somewhere?

5509373 Not really. Its more like the mods see whats popular and put it under the offical thread.

5509393 That's not really what's popular. That's what's popular by loud people. I gently suggest an actual poll. There are many free tools online for such a thing.

5509407 I agree, I will bring this point up, thanks!

5509407 (Important Update Regarding Canon: To keep things from getting out of hand, for something to become canon, it has to be voted on by all the Moderators for it to be. For a Moderator to create canon material, it has to approved by all the moderators.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5509427 I would be open if there's some kind of online people that I could make and then put a link to. That would actually make things so much simpler, and I like the idea of everybody voting on something rather than just a few. I only made mods up first so if things didn't get too out of hand. Good suggestions all around.

And if we could find a way to keep these horses on all fours, I'm all for it. I like that idea more than having them bipedal, I was just going bipedal because it would be a safer route to go.

Also as for style, I have been looking and it to a similar art style that is not claimed by Hasbro that we could use. If that doesn't pan out, then maybe we could start asking artists if they would like to help us develop a unique art style that keeps what we like while making it different enough that it doesn't look like Hasbro.

5509535 Yea, art style is imporant. I made a post about the poll as well.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5509542 I say, we should start recruiting some artists who would be interested in helping us create this idea.

It would actually really help if we could find an artist to help us out, so we could come up with some ideas have the artist draw them and then we could take a look and see how we like it. I'll make a thread about that.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5509407 In your opinion, do you think we could do ponies in clothes on all fours in a different art style and use it? From what I understand, other than certain ideas that would look like rip offs, as long as our ponies look different enough to be identified as as different, we could use it.

Just as an example, say we made the ponies more anime style, or had them a little more realistic style. As long as we're not directly copying the cartoon style Hasbro uses, we'd be good? Am I understanding that right?

5509663 Rip offs of who? MLP? Realistic horses are not rip offs.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5509671 I mean MLP. I love their art style, however if we use that then we'd be in hot water. I really want to use this style that SweetAI showed me.

As SweetAI said, it's the closest to MLP style ponies, without being MLP. I'm reaching out to this artist to find out if we could use this style for our project. No answer yet.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5509671 correction, she just got back to me, and she says she doesn't mind that this is the inspiration for our art work. So this could be our art style.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24