Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Penn Hooven
Group Admin

Here's the list of core canon species based on the creatures thread: Pony (Earth, Pegasus, Unicorn, Thestral, Octo)/ Human (of all ethnicity), Griffins, Minitars, and Dragons (possible two types, wings and no wings)

This is the core canon. others can be added later, but for now, lets keep it simple and go with this. This gives a LOT to work with. So, the next question you have to ask is, how do they live together, or do they. Is this going to be a place where all the races mingle, and even have some cross species romance (keep it G for the thread) or do they have their own separate parts of town? Like a Pony Quarter and a Human Quarter, and so on. Think about it, and let me known your thoughts..

I think for the most part, the are separate.
But the pony ones are starting to try to join together.

And theirs one group, that want's to make a Town (called Ferreir Falls) for all of them to live in.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'd suggest that it depends on where you are talking about.

It'd make things interesting if most places are mostly one species, with occasional members of other races there, but your main city is mixed. You might have some districts that are mostly one or another species, but those are older districts, More of the town is mixed, but that's still a new thing, and some still cling to old ways.

So you've got Fangtown, the district where a lot of batponies hang out, the Zigzag district, where a bunch of zebras are, and so on, with little shops that sell things from their homelands, but in the main sections of the city, species doesn't matter. Much.

--Sweetie Belle

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506485 I see what you're saying. And yes, the main city would be mixed, as that's where Ponies, humans, griffins, and dragons would first show up. After getting accustomed, I could see them spreading out and making their own little communities, but still mixing in the main city, as commerce benefits everyone.

Good ideas.

5506481 Interesting idea, but there's one problem. I see this as being a place where to get there, you wind up there via portal, and the portal ends at Ferrier Falls. I see that setting the mood and tone for the rest of the world of being sorta like a melting pot, where trade and teamwork is needed to survive, but I could see what SweetAI is saying that after getting their legs under them, they spread out and create what they once had back at home. Pony communities, Human communities, Dragon communities, and so on.

So the question I should be asking is how are the different cultures? We know humans for the most part (I hope we do, since we're all that) and we get most ponies, but how about Thestrals, Griffins and Dragons? (The dragons are different from the Equestrian snobs. I'm not letting them in.)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks.

As far as the cultures, it's best if we don't make any assumptions, and mix things up. We don't really know humans cultures, 'cause humans have a lot of cultures, so we still should come up with something. And it's better if cultures deviate a bit from what we''d expect. What if earth ponies were into mining, and liked living in hobbit-hole type buildings, carved into the side of a hill or mountain, or straight in the ground.

Maybe bat-ponies are kinda batty and like night life?

Lot's of places have dragons as old and wise and magical, and having hordes. It'd be kinda fun if they had a bunch of bookstores and antique shops and swap meets and were shrewd traders...

I'm mainly just throwing around ideas, tho'.

--Sweetie Belle

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506504 All those are great ideas. I really like the idea of possible having dragons as both librarians and antic shop owners, or maybe even potions masters.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks! I like the idea that there are reasons to go to each of the mostly single species districts. So if you're looking for dancing and nightclubs, you go to the bat district, and if you go to the dragon district, you can buy anything, but may regret the price later. Of course, this is just what they are usually like in their own areas, and they get away from the stereotypes once more in the main city...

(I was involved in roleplaying on fimfiction before it was banned, and have done a bit of worldbuilding before...)
--Sweetie Belle

5506494 Shod I post my Talent-Marks/ Profession-Symbols ideal here ?

I think:

the Dragons would want to live alone

Land-ponies (that's what we will call are earth-ponies) simple farmer-lives

Harpies: Life of a warrior

Buffalo: simuler to the first national

Changeling, (p.s. they are more bug like and have 6 hooves) live like bugs. Communism?

Gem-Ponies: a glamour-life !? Every think in there town is made of Gem

Clay-Ponies: a derty life !? Every think in there town is made of Clay

Bat/Thestral: Like what we think of Vampires

Metal-Pony: They live in a town made of matal and more high-tech then the others

Naga: the hide from the others. the live like snakes

Pegasus: I think we all know this one

Ocean-Ponies: Live under the sea

Unicorns: Like... Wizards?

Zebra: like african cultures ?

Griffins: Capitalism ?

Mane-Pony: Plato's Republic ? bast on there mane color.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506519 No, we'll have a separate thread for the idea of profession marks, or talent marks.

5506526 ok, do you want me to make it, or are you going 2 make it ?
And don't for get the Symbols-Mark for the Buffalo and the Glyph-Mark for the zebras

and what about the rest ?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506530 You make me smile. I'll make the thread tomorrow some time, so look out for it, and for now, lets just keep the the species I outlined as core canon for now (no ice dragons yet. I'm still bouncing around that idea)

5506534 ok

p.s. Can we us earth-pony ?

Mhm.. I don't have one for Minitars, Griffins, Octo

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5506475 maybe some places/species wouldn't get along? I feel like calling someone a zigzag or fang would be kinda racist. So it would kind of make sense of for some reason some humans and dragons (who might both be traders) might have some distrust, but people who aren't traders would get along with dragons. Stuff like that.

5506526 Maybe make some get along, others hate each other? And it might depend on where they are at as well, and the culture they have

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14