Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Here is a place to talk about the different magic systems of the world.

What are the most dominant forms of magic? Which magic types are specialized or rare? Here is a place to list ideas of how magic potentially works.

5506081 Well, what kind of systems do you mean?

5506084 Like what kind of magic exists on the world?

Bardic magic? Elemental magic? Sages? Wizards? Witches? All of the above?

And which are more dominant?

Or is there just one magic everyone takes advantage of? But it manifests in different ways?

Just some things to think about.

5506094 Hmm. What about this.

2-3 Main Magic types. then there is Sub magic, that branchs off into even more magic.

5506094 Or we can do something like how League does it. Where there is ALOT of different magic types.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506081 for the most part, magic remains the same for the ponies. Humans might have magic by way of chants or symbols, or hand signs. Remember, these ponies come from Equestia, so a lot is the same, but it's a new place, when it comes to magic.

I think it would be fun to have a lot of different magic types and for these magic types to be available for all species, fantasy creatures, cryptids etc.

Ponies/ horses/ and other equine species could have magic too. Similar to the show. But other species would have magic as well.

5506119 Maybe we could have Cyberpunk magic, Science magic, Witchchy?

5506122 What would cyberpunk magic or science magic be?

You mean like tech-based magic or alchemy?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

A lesser known type of magic could be the stuff from D&D. You learn a spell and store that. Instead of calling on mana and using that, you use up the spell. So you relearn it after that. If you decide to copy the spell onto paper you use it up but anyone can use it.

Example:
I learn a fireball spell. I copy that onto paper and use the spell up. Then I learn it again and decide to sell the fireball scroll. When I do, a merchant buys it so he can protect his wares if bandits attack. So now I have the fireball spell in my head, and I've gotten rid of the one on the scroll.

...that could have gone better.

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

I would like Cyberpunk concept, but I feel a Steampunk concept would work more as a whole. I mean, there's been a few concept arts and fics with big steampunk airship blimps and plenty of other references outside of the MLP fandom so it wouldn't be hard to make a Universe off that. But the main two pluses to having it Steampunk would be that it would be set far enough ahead in time that you wouldn't have to worry about a lot of stuff in the MLP Universe, because they don't have that kind of stuff, and the concept itself hasn't really been used that much which would give it some good points on originality.

5506151 Well it doesn't have to be a full copy of MLP :). But yea, stuff like that. I like having a wider type of magic, but also making it different.

5506143 Maybe that could be one type of magic?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5506156 yeah i was thinking of it as a subset/ lesser known type of magic.

5506217 Yea, the more the better! I want some kind of robot control magic or something

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506151 going steampunk would also allow for robotics, and prosthetic arms, legs, and wings. Interesting ideas we're having...

How about they all have different type of magic for every species.
But there are some that can do a other species magic.
Like:

• Buffalo-Magic: there magic is bast on spirit-animal.

• Changeling: there magic is bast on Emotions and Illusions.

• Clay-Ponies: crystal-bending

• Gem-Ponies: Can control the gem & its energy associated with their Talent-Marks (usually just one type) & make tools like Green Lantern, but only the one that have to do with their Talent-Marks

• Earth: In touch with the earth; strong, and one with the plants, and have a 6th sense.

Harpy: have to say there spells

• Mane-Pony: Mane-manipulations

• Metal-Pony: Cyberpunk-Magic.

Nymph: Think Poison-Ivy from Batmare.

• Pegasus: Can move/walk on the clouds and control most weather

• Ocean-Ponies: Talk to fish, and ...

• Unicorn: I think you know that one.
P.s. The number of groves on there horn is what leavel of magic they are.

• Zebra: there magic is bast on potions (and one the elements of the wold, wind, water, fire, rocks, ... 11 12)

5506323 I like that idea!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18