ScifiPony's Writer's Training Ground 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
scifipony
Group Admin

In Flurry of Emotions, Twilight learns the lesson that Pinkie Pie learned long ago in Baby Cakes: child care is never as easy as you think it will be. (Still an excellent lesson for the target audience.) In a typically over-confident fashion, Twilight agrees to care for Flurry Heart so Cadance and Shiny can have an afternoon off, thinking she can juggle her busy schedule and act the part of the BAE (Best Aunt Ever). She soon learns that babies have their own agenda and that you must take care of them on their terms. Add into the terrifying mix that the baby is an alicorn with no compunction about using her extremely high-powered magic in ways that endanger ponies and you get—as Diamond Tiara so aptly said—a hot mess.

Prompts:

Auntie Twilight learned that taking care of her niece, even for an afternoon, is... challenging. When disaster strikes the Crystal Empire and Cadance and Shining Armor are gone, Twilight must deal with her grief and care for a very upset little girl.

Dealing with a hyperactive child is difficult. Write the story of the vexing day that nothing could control Flurry Heart and Shining Armor discovered The Whammy.

Magic is not the solution to everything (as Starlight and Trixie discovered in All Bottled Up). Tell the story of the day when Twilight averts disaster with a somewhat older Flurry Heart by teaching her that same lesson (while learning it again herself).

Who knew there were so many autobiographical adventure authors in Equestria! Spike meets Burnferno from Burnferno, Warrior from Within only to discover he's arrived at the beginning of a crisis. To his chagrin, he's assigned to care for Burnferno's new hatchling.

Extra credit (optional): Any time you write a description, include at least three senses. While writing today, ask yourself, "What do I hear? What do I smell? What do I taste? What do I feel?" (Feel as in with one's extremities, like a hoof or brushing against things like the rough bark of a tree.) Ask these questions in addition to asking, "What do I see?"

Deadline: April 27, 2017 And, about deadlines, read this Zen advice.

Place your entries in the folder marked “Flurry of Emotions”. Please, only one entry.

Stories must be appropriately tagged Everyone, Teen, or Mature. Remember, stories tagged Mature are not visible to all readers and will not participate in any contests or after-the-fact lists*. Please also select one or more story categories (like Adventure, Slice of Life, etc.). Because I understand preserving the mystique of a story, you are welcome not to provide tags for the main characters.

Post comments to the thread only. Follow all FicFiction site rules of conduct, and be nice. Read the stories and vote on which you like best (other than your own). If voting becomes a thing, the top five vote-getters will be be appended to the post. Feel free to discuss the episode, too.

Start writing!

*Links to mature stories are prohibited by FimFiction site rules.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1