The Bronies' Archive 114 members · 769 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

...Is it dead?

I recently had a friend of mine read the story, and they weren't able to read past chapter 3 without telling me that it was utter garbage. It's not because of the plot or anything though. It's the way it was written. Considering how there were ten writers actively working on the story at one point, it seems as though the story became horrendously fractured up until people began leaving.

As I type this, there are eleven chapters, far more than the amount currently published. I can personally see a visible difference between the beginning of the story, where everyone worked on it at once, and the current chapter, where I am the only writer.

Now, I must ask you, is the story dead? Or should I forge onwards, and write the rest on my own?

If neither choice appeals, I have a third option, and it'd likely be the quickest and simplest of all.

If you truly believe that the story deserves not just a continuation, but a full-on rewrite, I have plans sitting for the entire Equestria Forever fic to be incorporated into a currently blank story that I'll be calling "The Singularity," in which it takes the basic idea behind Equestria Forever, and extends it further on, collapsing as many fanfic universes into each other as possible along the way.

It'd be hard to write, but hey, we've come this far.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5646620 Like I said, this is what happens when ten people with entirely different writing styles write a single story.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5646769 I'll have to see what the other writers have to say about it. Like I said, I already have plans on restarting, as well as rebooting an old series I wrote in the process.

NicLove
Group Admin

5646512 I didn't know that we had even started chapter 4

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5648955 There's eleven chapters written. I'm just publishing them now.

NicLove
Group Admin

5649136 The Camp one ?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9