Who We Become 433 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
SevenEyes
Group Contributor

I've got a favourite, you've got a favourite chapter, we've all got a favourite chapter.
But which one is it and what are your reasons?

Krickis
Group Admin

Personally my favorite is Another Way from Finding Home Looking Glass (edit: I fucking derped and mixed up my own fic names lmao, I meant Looking Glass), but that whole chapter was pretty self-indulgent so that would stand to reason lol

Curious to hear what yours is :scootangel:

I haven’t read all of the fics in this series yet, but from what I’ve read so far, my favorite is Opening Up in Finding Home. There’s lots of great character interaction there. I love the scene where Twilight, Fluttershy, and Sunset talk about their issues. I love the scene where Luna and the Main 7 discuss the potential roles of the Guard. I love that Twilight’s parents came to the press con. The chapter is somewhat like a transition between two big events, but that just builds up anticipation further for what’s to come.

(Visitors is a close second, because I find the Humans and their Pony counterparts interacting as hilarious, especially the two Pinkies. And god, those juicy bits about human!Fluttershy...)

SevenEyes
Group Contributor

Ditto
‘Another way’ rocks for so many reasons that I almost didn’t start this discussion as to our personal favourites
That chapter brought me closer to tears than any other piece of literature. (The only piece of media that made me cry was the first yoshi’s island on the GBA)

I wasn’t just tear jerking but also laught inducing at times and sweet and I do like a long chapter so really it had everything even when I thought nothing could beat the previous chapter with celestia’s POV.

Before I read looking glass though my favourite was ‘reflections’ from finding home. Calling sunset her gifted student was so good it broke me for a while and I had to stop and think of all the implications. Is that your own invention or did someone else do that before you cos it’s bloody brilliant?

Also how exactly do you mean self-indulgent?

Krickis
Group Admin

the first yoshi’s island on the GBA

Lol it's probably a treatment to my age that I was mildly confused by this before remembering Yoshi's Island was ported to the GBA. I'm so used to thinking of it as a SNES game :twilightblush:

I came up with the gifted student thing. It's in one other person's fic (well, one as far as I know) because she read it in mine and found it so fitting that she thought it was canon, so she wrote it into hers. That's probably one of my favorite things to have happened to me in this site, honestly :scootangel:

It was self-indulgent because before writing it, I thought half the readers would hate it. I knew others would love it, but I thought it would be a polarizing chapter due to its length and the AU sections ultimately being things that didn't happen (spoilers since idk how much Ube or others seeing this have read). Basically I thought people would find it to be a lot of words for no purpose. But I still did it anyway because I decided to just do what I want rather than what I thought others would want, and even left the rose section (arguably the lesser of the two in importance) 8.5k words long. Plus ideas for the sunflower section literally predate the actual writing of Looking Glass, so it was also self-indulgent in that I found an excuse to write that while bit into the fic and explore that possibility a little.

Is Another Way from Looking Glass? I haven’t read that yet, but I’m planning to read it soon (and maybe liveblog it on somewhere, if that’s okay?)

Krickis
Group Admin

Yeah, Another Way is the second to last chapter of Looking Glass. And I can not think of a single reason that would not be okay omg :pinkiehappy: lol just let me know where you’re doing it because I’ll want to keep tabs :raritywink:

TheMTVGAMEONE1
Group Contributor

To be honest it's to long since i've read "Inner Strength" and "Finding home" so i just gonna say Chapter 5- A night out from Finding home cause i was in it :rainbowkiss: :derpytongue2: :ajsmug: :trixieshiftright: :twilightsheepish:

SevenEyes
Group Contributor

Ha, good answer.
You’re like the Stan Lee of Krickis stories.

SevenEyes
Group Contributor

Your comment got me thinking about maybe starting another discussion thread purely about the ‘another way’ chapter of ‘looking glass’ and how good it is without worrying about spoilers to those not in the know. I realise that’s pretty much what the comment section on the chapter is for but I want to talk about it without bugging people in the comment section.

But it’s you’re group so what do you think?

Also thanks for the speedy replies.

Krickis
Group Admin

I'd have no problems with that. I'm delighted to see this forum actually being used, and I'm totes cool with any WWB related discussions :scootangel:

My personal favorite is Visitors in Finding Home. Specifically

Applejack just smirked. “Ya know, I think you’re really close to figuring somethin’ out here.”

Although the bit in Questions where Dash is described as indifferent to having both Pinkies collapsed on (top?) or her is pretty funny as well.

Pinceau
Group Admin

You know, it has to be Cracks in the ice, followed short by Welcome to the family (I say a thousand years later) I'm a sucker for chapters that plays with everyone's emotions =3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13