Pagans of Equestria 20 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

How do you folks feel about the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam)?

Judaism-I admire many aspects of the Jewish religion. Their commitment to social justice and such. However, their roots in child sacrifice and nature of their God is...troubling.

Christianity-Jesus was a way cool dude. Like all his love and peace stuff.

Islam-Too violent for my taste. They need a reform of some sort.

I want to start by commending you for acknowledging that those three faiths serve the same God, just through different lenses.
I should also say that I have more to say about Christians only because I have more experience with Christians.

Judaism: Vengeful God who uses cosmic power to smite and/or torment everyone who doesn't worship him, even though he made them in regions that don't worship him. God only has himself to blame for the 'Heathen' nations, but blames them anyway? I'm sorry, but that's something I would call 'Evil'; and I'm not a fan of using that term. Not for me.

Christianity: Same God as Judiasm but God calmed down after humans killed his son (who is also God). The God who punished people for existing in the enviorment he made them in suddey loves us all after we killed him. It only makes sense when I stop thinking about it: and to me that's a glaring red flag.
I like the idea of Christ. I might still be Christian if I knew more Christians who made more effort to do as he did, but most I know just talk a big game about why we all should do as he did, and call it a day because preaching apparently does more than a Blood Donation or giving someone CPR.

Islam: Just gonna say it: its what Christianity might turn into if Fundamentalists keep getting more influence. The only reason why we don't read news that a suicide bomber with ties to the Westboro Baptist Church is that thankfully (for now); they're all talk when it comes to Spiritual Warfare. But like with Extremist Islamic groups, talk escalates when enough of it happens in a bubble full of angry people.

To be honest...I often think that a lot of devout followers of Abrahamic religions (actually, any religion really) don't try to be good people because of their faith, but try to be good people inspite of their faith.

I believe it's more God saw things from the human perspective, or Jesus in essence vouched for us, hence why he sent Jesus to die for the sins of everyone

As for Islam, is does teach that killing innocent people is a major sin, and also to help people, it's just extremist assholes have taken things way too far, even bombing Muslim ruins and whatnot cause they aren't their kinx of Muslim

I tend to like polytheism better than monotheism and paganism over Christianity. Maybe that's just because the pagans aren't in control and don't abuse their power constantly like Christians do.

How do the Christians abuse their power?

I think its mostly how a lot of Christians throughout history did the whole convert or die thing. As well as some Pope's being shit

Well, Christianity and Islam (especially Islam) do have a nasty habit of spreading by the sword.

True, though Mohammad actually had mostly peaceful relations with Christians and Jews for a bit. Also, Christians and Muslims did team up, including the Templars and Asasiyun. Also also, a Templar prison was found to have carvings of some goddess of the seas and travelers on it, which could mean most Templars converted/syncretized faith

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9