PCPonies 13 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

hey everyone.

here is the first tech news blog which i promised to you all!

we all know the fun mobile game clash of clans do we?
the chinese company: Tencent Holdings Limited bought the maker of Clash of Clans: Supercell.
tencent payed 8,6 billion dollars to buy Supercell. We as the end consumer wont notice any major changes in the game itself.

Crucial Technoligies is introducing a new ddr4 server memory line which has an interesting function. the new memory is made for servers where files cant get lost in the event of a power loss. this new ddr4 nvdimm memory writes all stored data to some storage chips integrated on the ram pcb. so if the power goes out all the files on the ram chips will be stored on some storage chips on the ram pcb. and as soon as the power comes back the files will be written back to the ddr4 chips.

instagram has reached a new user milestone. they reached 500 million active users per month. in which whatsapp has 1 billion active users per day.

nvidia released a new gqming gpu line. they are called the gtx 10xx series.
they are cheaper then ever and they are faster then ever before. the gtx 1070 which you can buy for 550-600 dollars is as fast as a gtx 980ti!!! and the 1080 will be almost twice as fast as the gtx980ti. the new 1080 is available for 800-900 dollars.
there is one point which i wished was different.. you can only get a 2 way sli configuration with these cards instead of the usual 4 way sli possibility.

NASA is testing a new plane. the plane doesnt use any fuel. the plane has 14 electromotors and its called the: x-57 aka: maxwell
its expected to be used in the commercial airline world around 2020. the x-57 only uses electricity to fly.

China is back on the top of the fastest supercomputers ever made list.
their new system called: TaihuLight consists of a mere: 10.649.600 cpu cores running at 1.45 ghz each. the system has a computing power of 93 Petaflops.

and the last news item:
scientists made a cpu with 1000 cores. all those thousand cores are baked on a 32 nanometer chip. all those 1000 cores ar running on a speed of 1.87 ghz each. and the amazing thing is: the chip only uses 0.7 watts of full load. the cpu doesnt need a heatsink !?!
its not expected to got to consumers before 2030.

that was it for my first ever tech news blog. please tell me if you like it and what could be better. i hope you like it!

RainbowdashieCloudsdale

5312009 haha. i hate it when people almost force you to follow them on ig. :twilightangry2:

but what do you think about this weekly tech news idea?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5