HaS Political group 44 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

There are many ways I can talk about this, but I'll try to make it as concise as I can:

First, I will talk to the Election itself. In Venezuela, there hasn't been a free election since 2007, so I congratulate the USA for having a democratic election where everybody could make their choice. I think that the best thing to do would be to respect everybody's choice and vote (regardless of who they voted for) since respect is something that must always be held in a democracy, so congratulation USA for your elections and I hope the best for you.

With that said...

I'll first talk about how you must prove your speech by your actions. If you really respect everybody and wants to share love and respect, then you're not showing it by making riots and threatening everybody. Everybody deserves to be respected for who they voted for. I know of some Republicans that must have gotten nightmares debating over if they should vote for Trump or if Hillary was a greater evil and viceversa from the Democrats. The greatest way of unity and support you can show is by respecting someone else's choice, even if you don't like it.

My opinion of the two candidates:

I didn't liked Hillary Clinton, I saw her as a corrupt politician who was trying to win through lies, something that I cannot endorse in any way, and using sexism to go through her own way. I originally thought that she was the lesser evil, but after digging up on her I started to realize that she was an awful choice (don't worry, I'll go over Trump soon) by her embezzlement, tax evasions, disasters as a Secretary of State and trying to rally up the minorities through false promises (like helping the immigrants, Democrats always make those promises and they never do it). The democrats would have won if they had chosen someone else (even Bernie Sanders, although I dislike him as well) and not gone for corruption. The DNC got overconfident and thought that everything (losing the Congress, the states and legislative houses) were worth it as long as they could hold the presidency but they were wrong. Getting out of touch with your country will make you lose it. Not realizing how bad things were getting is what led the nomination of Donald Trump.

Speaking of...

Donald Trump is someone I dislike as well. His nomination and election was the same one that happened in my country, Venezuela, in the 98 elections. Chávez was elected after high anger towards the political parties, the "elite" getting richer and corruption from our leaders (that started since President Lusinchi, 84 - 89) and Chávez was the physical manifestation of said problems. We suffered from it for 17 years. I don't wish the same thing for the USA (although I'll explain how dictators in Venezuela has come to power in a later post) and now the institutions will prove how strong they can be against an authoritarian president.

I wish for the best to the USA, you survived Andrew Jackson, you survived the American Civil War, you survived the Great Depression, now I hope you survive a potential dictator (I'll call success if you stop him from becoming one).

That's it for now. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

5625195 Late to the party, but Trump can't be a fascist. The checks and balances of the US government simply make change from a democracy into a fascist dictatorship insanely hard to pull off.

Yeah, I hope it does. The thing is that Latin America has seen dictators of all colors and they have risen up through multiple means, avoiding the Check and balances has been one of those.

I would like to believe that the Congress and Supreme Court (regardless of who Trump chooses, they cannot be bad since the Senate will have to choose if they're ok or not) will step up against him, but I've seen dictators that managed to defeat the institutions one way or another to impose themselves.

But if people doesn't understand why Trump won (neither accepts his victory, that Latinos voted for him, etc.) then He will stay there for more than 8 years, enough time pull out anything. Although I don't think he will try to overstay his welcome.

Actually a President can be granted Dictorail like power but only in times of Extreme crisis, like half of the nation rebeling or a golabal total war. That said it needs a supermagority congresses approval and they still most fight for reelection.

5625887 And a supermajority is like 80%. And Democrats are still in the Senate and House of Representatives.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6