The Fimfiction Post 113 members · 144 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

I wrote, yesterday afternoon:

As we all know, Vanilla Mocha will exit FIMFiction in 2017 and go broader onto YouTube. Everyone is alarmed about this and I'm trying to look for ways to keep her on FIMFiction. I've thought of a definitive one.

Vanilla Mocha and her friends' OCs have clung on so much on FIMFiction as ponies but Vanilla and her husband Icy the Charamander want to do a YouTube channel with dragons to represent them, with the intent of doing Top 15s, vlogs, speedpaint, Let's plays, streams. I don't believe it will catch on at all because there are only 1000 channels like it on YouTube and because a lot of the folks who are familiar with both Vanilla and Icy will be creeped out by the designs of the two characters that they now want to represent them.

I want to see if you will approve of a competing program with Vanilla Mocha, the pony, and husband Scythea, the pony.

Red The Mel said:

So you wanna force them to quit and come back to FIM because you don't think they'd have a chance

I was confused and so I said:

I don't really. I just feel that it might be a failure under the circumstances of the structure of that channel.

Red The Mel saw that particular point clearly and replied:

I see... okay I'm in

Expect to see it soon!

5708124 Question:

Why the hell would they be freaked out by a Unicorn (Vanilla) and an Alicorn? (Icy)

I've seen videos far weirder than that such as ARG's, cryptics, etc.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

Why the hell would they be freaked out by a Unicorn (Vanilla) and an Alicorn? (Icy)

They would not be freaked out by a Unicorn and an Alicorn. They would be freaked out by the fact that there's dragons INSTEAD of the Unicorn and Alicorn they've been used to viewing for so long.

5708197 Its nothing to worry about. Its new and I like new things, and I'm sure they'll have the same opinion as I do.

5708124 Success online can only come from presentation. Sure their mascots are different, but that is to keep mlp on the down low. There is no reason to discourage someone who just wants to take a chance, and do something new. They wanted a channel for themselves, and low and behold it happened. 5708235 says this perfectly. That you can't stop someone, just because what you think is a bad idea doesn't coincide with others. Sorry. But if they bring these things into a flashy new light, then kudos to them. Try and be supportive of Mocha and her loved one.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5708414 I am supportive but at the same time I do predict it will not be a success.

5708426 Predictions are Assumptions. And you know what they say about Assuming. It makes an ass out of u and me.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

Vanilla Mocha's departure from FIMFiction, if you saw the comments on my last blog, is as undeniable as it is unchangeable. If I was a bit selfish and rude and arrogant during the past few days leading up to this concerning VM's departing FIMFiction, I do provide apologies that are as sincere as they are reflective. I do hope that the new YouTube channel that she and her husband have gains whatever following it might achieve in its own respect. If it doesn't, well, we're right here waiting for her.

5709054 I don't think you were mean or ignorant to Vanilla. If you were, she would've blocked you by now and she said nobody made her leave at all.

And just stop with this whole Vanilla Mocha leaving thing. Seriously, what's the point of it anyway?

5709054 Vanilla Mocha told me that you (Jesse Coffey) don't want her to leave. She thinks that you don't understand her or something.

Why won't you respect her wish?

Comment posted by Jesse Coffey deleted Dec 28th, 2016
Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5709533 I do not want her to leave, you got that right.

I understand her just fine, but I think it's the generic nature of her new YT channel that will turn off, and quite simply alienate, many YT users, even though it might acquire a sizable audience in its own right.

5709533 I respect no one. For I don't live to play into those who refuse to see all sides to a situation. I don't see what Jesse has against the idea of branching out to make something new. And exciting. That's just because we all may have opinions. Doesn't mean we all have to agree.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14