The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Passing183
Group Admin

Welcome to the Discordian Party. This party is co-led by fairy tail man and myself, passing183. The Discordian Party is here to follow the greatest trickster of all time, Discord!

We encourage any and all stories, discussions, and anything else relating to Discord. We apply Da Rules here.

Party Roster

Chairmen and Co-chairmen

passing183 and fairy tail man

Members*

-Non at the moment

*May change periodically

To become a member just message me or fairy tail man with the details of your oc or if you don't have one just message us.

Details must include:

Name:
Color/Colors:
Race:
Extra parts (Example: metal wings):
Back story:
Time period:

5218764 May I ask what exactly the party's platform is? You mentioned something about following discord, but that doesn't actually mean anything as far as politics goes. It makes the group sound more like a religious movement then a political organization.
What are the Discordian Party's principals?

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230638 Ok dude how can we have principals when we are ruled by a spirit of chaos? But i guess if we have to say we have any principals it would be chaos.

5230685 I'm sorry I thought this was a political party. But political parties aren't ruled by anyone other than the nation's government. A political party is a group of voters organized to support certain public policies. The aim of a political party is to elect officials who will try to carry out the party's policies.
The way this organization is set up, it seems to be more like a guild or religious group.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230785 ok bad word choice but still dude you don't have nitpick every single word. Anyway dude let me explain a little more since your being so picky. We are the people who make sure that every thing Discord does is not to major but we still make sure that there is chaos just not too much and we are the representatives of the draconqueses (Discord and his race). also when passing said followers of discord he meant the group we are represented by. the followers of discord is the group that asked for this party.

5230861 What kind of policies would that include?

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230866 Harmonic chaos, it is chaos in small dowses, chaos in every day life like those moments when you get kicked in the but by the universe, like when you say what could possible go wrong and it goes wrong.

5230923 First of all, that's not a policy, and secondly,

Harmonic chaos,

Is an oxymoron.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230925 Tis not a oxymoron tis life.

5230945 I recommend a dictionary

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230947 Ok what i meant by harmonic chaos is that it is the balance of harmony and chaos in life you can never have more than the other one or it upsets the balance.

5230961 but the pursuit of balance IS harmony, that's what it is, if there is a balance of chaos and order, there is harmony, if it's unbalanced then it's chaos, you can't have both.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230963 Dude think about it harmony is not always there what happens when some one bumps into knocking your books out of your hand thats what I'm talking about and you know how in cartoons when some one says what could possible go wrong then an anvil hits them in the head thats what were here to do add little chaos here and there or life would be boring and no one would be smart enough to know whats wrong or whats right.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5230963 and also theres the fact the in harmony there is chaos, like you said harmony is the balance of order and chaos.
You can't have harmony without chaos.

5230861 Alright. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
That being said, none of the roles you described are related to being a political party.
A political party is a group of voters organized to support certain public policies. The aim of a political party is to elect officials who will try to carry out the party's policies.
The party on its own on nothing more than a group of like minded voters working for a common goal, to influence the government towards their beliefs.
In addition, the purpose of Government is to provide order for its citizens. A political party that advocates for chaos would be working to decrease the government's influence in the lives of citizens.
Basically, this would be the Equestrian Equivalent to the original Democratic-Republican Party in American history.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231082 dude your basically saying since a race is almost dead it can not have a say in things? discord happens to be the last of his kind and we are just the people who make sure that Equestria still maintains its chaos and still let the dracqouses have a say in thing and if you do not like this party please take this up with Rordan the carrion crow because your saying a race can't have a say in things because theres not very many of them jeez way to go your a person who dent want equal rights.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231094 i meant does not when i said dent

5230963 5230970 5230977 5230961 5230925 5230923

Harmonic chaos is slightly contradictory. Neither Order nor Chaos is inherently good or evil. Both can be beneficial in the proper balance. If either one completely dominated the world, I would be harmful.
Harmony is the beneficial aspects of Order. If order was to be absolute, it is true that there would be no harmony. By its nature, Harmony must not completely dominate life.
Chaos does have its place. If there was no chaos, the world would be static, unchanging, dull, predictable, and without freedom. Everything would be controlled and nothing would ever change. It would be almost meaningless.
If there were no Order, the world would be equally bad. Nothing would be controlled, have structure, or be certain. Nothing would stay separated, and all of existence would be mixed together at random. Equally meaningless.
Order and Chaos must both be present, kept in balance by their never ending conflict with each other.

Sorry for the long post.
Cheers.

5231094 I never even mentioned draconequi. I'm saying that a political party isn't something that maintains anything. A political party is a group of people who share similar beliefs and vote for the same candidates.
Draconqui are irrelevant from what a party stands for. If they become citizens, then they can vote for whatever they want.

5231094 I don't think there are many draconiqui who live in Equestria, though.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231137 wait isn't chaosville apart of Equestria? so that would make Discord a legal citizen.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231140 well any ways we represent the last of them and try our best to keep them alive and have the same rights as every one else.

5231141 I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Chaosville. But yes if it is in Equestria, then discord can vote for on whatever they vote for in equestria. He might even be able to run for office, depending on how Equestrian laws work.
He probably shouldn't try to be District Attorney, though.

5231187 So, its not so much a political party as it is a Draconequus Suffrage movement.
It seems pretty pointless when there's only one member of the species left, but I think it's a noble cause.

Glad we got that cleared up.
Cheers.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231200 well yes but you also forgot that we keep the balance of the chaos so we can have harmony but otherwise ya that basically sums it up.

A political party doesn't have the authority to regulate the world's balance of chaos and harmony. That's what a deity is for. And, generally speaking, deities are usually kept out of mortal politics.
But if you want to campaign to establish a government bureau to play god, be my guest. Just remember that, to have harmony, the balance of order and chaos isn't an equal one.

I wish you luck on your campaign to conquer nature.
Cheers.

5231530 Oooooooh the sass game is on point.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231530 you do realize that mainly all the party have a leader the lunar party has luna the celestial party has luna so why can t we have discord why don't you go argue with them for a change instead of wasting you time on here bickering with me over something you obviously don't understand and don't want to be apart of so i bid you good day if you would like to suggest some things that would be helpful be my guest otherwise leave because we're obviously not going to get you to understand what we stand for.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5231533 and the same goes for you.

5231730 You ask why he Luna party can have Luna (and the Celestia party, which I haven't seen does too apparently) but you can't have Discord:

Celestia and Luna are not contrary to the values and interests of the country this Parliament is supposed to represent.

If you want my suggestion: dissolve

5231728 I never said anything's wrong with a political party having a leader. I said that a political party doesn't isn't something that controls things. A political party is a group of people who vote.
That is why this group exists.To discuss politics.
If you want to vote for whomever Discord tells you, that's fine by me. I have nothing against chaotic political views.

Also, I asked the Lunar party what their platform is, but they have yet to respond. Do you happen to know what their views are?

5231533 If they want to try to form a political council to control how the world works, I'm not going to stop them. Who am I to crush their dreams.
I've had that happen enough already.

As far as I'm concerned, if other people think deeply as a result of talking to me, I've done some good in the world.
Cheers.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5232089 ok you are initialed to your own opinions but if you have a problem then please take it up with Rodan the carrion crow at-
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Rordan+the+Carrion+Crow

I don't have a problem. I I was just curious. I considering joining the party, but I needed to know the platform. As far as I can tell, the view of this part are to have as little restrictions as possible, to allow for more personal freedom. Less government control, more chaos.

It's a valid political view; I admire the ideals. I hope I did not upset you in my search to clarify.
Cheers.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5232131 thank you for finally understanding what i have been trying to say all along.

Your words made me think that you were talking about something other that politics. When I hear "keeping the balance" I assume it means influencing the world.
My mistake.

Cheers.

Passing183
Group Admin

Deep Chaos
Discord Fanatic
Herberry

Welcome to the Discordian Party! :pinkiehappy: I'm sorry for some of you that it took so long. All of you are now ful fledage members of the Discordian Party.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37