The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

"Uniri flectendi sumus, ut species et mundus novitati"

Calling to all species and parties within the Equestrian Parliament

If we aim to become a union as species and states all across the globe then we must form a global military police force. One where the force is sent into areas of high civil unrest to restore the order and bring peace to these uneasy areas. The force will also aid those who have been persecuted or harmed in any way from the civil unrest. They can either be armed with lethal weaponry or non-lethal weaponry to restore order. It depends on how severe the unrest is.
Not only does the force go into highly uncivilized areas but they will also be responsible for providing aid when natural disasters hit. Providing medical assistance, food, and rebuilding teams to restore infrastructure. They will be there when a creatures darkest hours dawn upon them and they will shine as bright as the sun on the morning horizon.
The Military force will follow the same code of laws established by his majesty Ferusuiya. These laws are the Ferusuiyan Laws and they dictate how a military force should interact with the environment and the people when operating across the globes. (These laws are essentially the present day military laws).
This idea has only been proposed and is up entirely up to debate and amending. But as time progresses and the Initiative changes we will eventually have a time to vote upon whether or not we pass this Initiative. We would like this Initiative to be passed around early June of this year. The voting process will be explained in the future. Thank you and we hope to hear what you have to say about this Initiative.

I agree with you that the Civil unrest must be put to peace and as suggestion, I propose that griffon workers be sent to different parts of the empire to not only help familiarize them with all of the other lands that make up the kingdom, but to get the groups working towards friendly relationships. To better this the workers can be put to construction of modernizing the infrastructure of the kingdom in those areas. This helps them to build the test in each other quicker and ease of travel could increase the amount of trade that flows into the economy. This is only a suggestion, but know that no matter your decision, you have my full support.

Who will be the head of this police force? Equestria? The Griffin States? The Dragons maybe?

5204625 why not a mixture of them.

5205012 Then where would the training grounds be?

5205080 that can be part of the later discussion but it should be held in c country that isn't hostile to any parties involved.

To answer your previous question. The head of this force will actually be the Parliament itself.

5205202 I see. Thank you.

might end up need a good name for it too.

To answer your question, the training bases can be positioned across the globe. Specifically within the areas controlled by the varying species found within the parliament. But that doesn't matter right now for we need to primarily need to focus upon checks and balances within this military force. They should be proposed within about a week so keep an eye out representative.

How will these police be dealt with should they step out of line?

I would recommend that a group of the most elite of this force be assigned to tracking down magical artifacts and any potential threats of a cataclysmic nature. Events would have been far worse if the Alicorn Amulet had been used by Sombra or the Changling Queen.

5205677 We could base it on what crime was committed and where the deed was done. If the defendant has more than one country where they have committed crime and both want jurisdiction they can bring their cases before parliament for a hearing to decide who has claim or to come to a compromise.

It would also be wise to consider whether they will be tired in the nation they have committed the crime, by the parliament, and if the nation they came from will get the remains if an execution is in order

How do most of the Parliament seem to feel about this?

5211324 execution is not form of punishment, its barbaric and inhumane .

5215545 really? I'm sure there are plenty of punishments that are barbaric and inhumane

Nothing is more inhumane and barbaric than ending a human/pony's life, the death penalty is never an option.

5215622 Oh, I never said it was an option, I just said it was a punishment.

5215623 I must have miss understood your words, sorry.

5203410 If we're going to try to establish a United Nations Program, the first thing we need is is to actually take it up with other countries. To do this, we're going to need to elect some ambassadors.
Someone will need to talk to the admins and start a thread for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25