The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

The Royal Army should be numbered in the hundreds of thousands; I therefore propose an increase in spending and recruitment, not to mention the funding of military installations across Equestria to maintain this force. It shall improve our economy and provide employment opportunities, not to mention a safeguard against the incursions we have witnessed over the past few years.

Therefore, gentles all, I put it to you to approve my Motion of Armament. It is my wish that a War Department be created to oversee the Royal Army and ensure its fitness in the event that it is necessary to put it into use.

I cannot and will not vote in favor of a motion that risks starting an arms race between this nation and her neighbours, we must consider other methods to revive the economy.

5189785 I would be in favor of an increase in military spending. But how does your motion prevent the buildup of a vast military-industrial complex? And, given the current fiscal constraints of our kingdom, how are we to increase military spending while still striving for a balanced budget and reduction in the national debt?

Comment posted by Bry7x7x deleted Apr 28th, 2016

As the Leader of the Most Loyal Zebra Party, I approve of your motion. It is my wish that Equestria have a WOODEN WALL; a navy with a thousand ships. However, minister, I must add that we require more shipyards to put your motion into action. We must also delegate a research and development initiative to fund and support the initiative to build ironclad warships.

They will also produce a floating assault platform for the Royal Marines to launch their attacks from.

Gentle Minister, this is why I call for a WAR MINISTRY. The Minister of War will oversee the military apparatus of Equestria, and ensure that it does not overreach its position. I despise...warlike nations who are led by the nose by their generals. The clash of arms and the scent of war does not appeal to me; I only beg that we have the strength of our arms to ensure our sovereignty against foreign policies intended to curtail our freedom.

I am afraid, Ministers. I fear that our neighbors thinks us weak, that they believe our army, navy, and Royal Marines are weak. I intend to rectify this issue by swelling the ranks of our glorious army, for we Zebras pride ourselves on the strength of our armies; so, too, should the Monarchy of Equestria.

I suggest that we also raise Temples of War, as my zebra kin have, to make the matter of War a sacred and noble cause, imbued with great Honor and Glory. No ruthless war machine will we be; instead, we shall embody the virtues of Chivalry and Nobility. I also move that we include religious ceremony upon the battlefield; before each great assault, we shall offer ourselves to Princess Celestia, and ask for her favor so that we may be Victorious!

The Army, Navy, and Royal Marines shall pay for themselves; we shall offer our Military Support to weaker nations so that their blood need not be shed. In return, their Heads of State, or their Monarchs, shall pay us for our efforts, and perhaps offer their citizens. I propose that we charter a bill that grants citizenship to any foreign national who enlists and sheds blood for our Monarchy of Equestria.

We need not only shed our blood for other foreign nations; our Military may be used as a benevolent instrument to keep peace and support the unfortunate in the wake of natural or artificial disasters.

I assure you with the utmost sincerity that I do not wish to trigger an arms race; I wish only to display our true might and glory to the other nations. In fact, I offer you a bargaining chip; you may dictate the upper limits of our strength. With the fiat of my fellow ministers, I shall even cast my vote for you to be inaugurated as the new Minister of War presiding over our Ministry of War; if we do not currently possess one, I move that it be made; if it exists, then I endorse you as the new War Minister.

I vote in favor of your movement, minister. Hear, hear!

5191659 I reluctantly accept The Right honorable Alvid’s proposal if only to counter attempts by irresponsible party‘s to profit from the Ministry of War.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9