Sparlight Kingdom 245 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Why do we love Sparlight?

Because it brings joy to my heart whenever those two are together.

Midnight Ronin
Group Admin

:pinkiegasp: You're the first person to create a thread! Besides me of course.

To the question. Because Starlight brings something that Spike didn't have for a long time, a purpose. Ever since Spike and Starlight traveled through the Crystal Empire to find her friend Sunburst, I knew that she would give Spike meaning again. This is a pony who in a sense, was an outcast, she knew nothing about friendship and didn't think she could gain any, but Twilight and Spike believed in her. Starlight wanted nothing better, but to avoid meeting Sunburst, but Spike wouldn't have it. He was determined to help her by any means. Even when Starlight (as cunning as she is) got Spike wrapped up in telling his tales of being a hero to Crystal Empire, Spike himself saw through it and was determined to help her.

In the end Starlight regained her friendship with Sunburst and she gained a close friend in Spike.
Plus everything she said with Spike and Starlight.

Their personalities really bounces off of each other. They have this sarcastic attitude that I really like.

Plus I really enjoy their moments together. Like I said above, their personalities and the way they interact with each other really adds to my ship for them. For example:

In this video, when Spike goes to her room to check on her, he goes over her list of things she wants to do with their friends. When he gets to Rarity, Starlight sighs in annoyance at that. Why? Spike didn't even say her name in a blissful manner, he just plainly says Rarity and Starlight gets annoyed by it?

I'm calling jealousy on this. :raritystarry:

Now that I think about it, Starlight could possibly be the youngest in the group, probably next to Pinkie Pie who I believe is the youngest out of the mane 6.

On another note, I would love it if Hasbro would created some episodes of just Starlight and Spike.

Midnight Ronin
Group Admin

Tell me about it.

5656076 Spike is way older then Sweetie Belle

https://titanium-dats-me.deviantart.com/journal/Jim-Miller-confirms-SPIKE-ISN-T-A-BABY-KID-ANYMORE-605918978 the link from above show a page from Jim Miller's twitter page where he said that none of their characters age has been set and they can be whatever age we want them to be.

Following Jim Miller take on Spike's age, I calculated one dragon year equal 1.6 pony year, so if Spike is ten in dragon years than 10x1.6=16 pony years. I put Twilight at six when she got her cutie mark and I have ten years passing between that event and the first episode of the series. I have pony maturing in twenty years but dragons maturing in ten years

Midnight Ronin
Group Admin

That's interesting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8