The Witching Hour 176 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Wow, been a while since I've said hi to you guys here hasn't it?

So, how about we get back to some form and I ask you some things, shall we?

I've recently finally decided on a theme song for The Bearer Guard:

So I've got a two-part question for you guys:
What kind of guard(s) do YOU want to see come up in the story, and, if I split the guard into different divisions, who do YOU think should lead them?

Just a little spoiler for you guys, by the end of season 3, I'll have introduced all the following species (some already slated to be in the guard):
Dragons
Changelings
Crystal Ponies
Sphinxes
Ghoul(s)
Moth Ponies
Lamias
Zburators (my bestiary says it's a dragon-wolf creature, but I'll tote it as a bat-wolf with a dragon-like tail)
Perytons (a bird-deer creature)
Harpies
Owl Harpies
More Thestrals
Alicorns
Sea Ponies
and of course Wyverns

So you guys have a whole slew of creatures to choose from if you want something besides a pony. (This isn't an open call for OCs, but I'm not saying it isn't either)

All that said, I do have half the positions for division leaders filled. Windrunner for Loyalty and two others (semi) not introduced yet for Kindness and Laughter. Scarlet was going to lead the Honesty Division, but now I'm not so thrilled with the idea; she just doesn't fit for any other reason other than se works on Sweet Apple Acers. I have no ideas for Generosity and Midnight was going to lead the Magic Division, but then someone said that she should be the overall commander for all the divisions, and they're right.
So, any ideas on the last three?

Perytons (a bird-deer creature)

The last time I saw one of those I was looking in my second edition D&D monster manual. :pinkiegasp: I didn't think I'd ever seen them here. Then again I never thought I'd see a Bugbear that was what I'd first envisioned a Bugbear to look like either, so there is that.

So you're going for the full managere then? That's gonna be something then.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Yep, just gonna shotgun them all in next season.

Since you mentioned ghouls, it would be interesting to see a shade or necromancer as the magic division commander. I would also honestly love to see a sphinx interacting with Applejack (The infuriating only-speaks-in-riddles variety that is).

5414192 Oh dear, that is going to give you such a headache Ink. I hope you're not biting off more than you can chew with a stunt like that. It can backfire badly after all.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

It's still a ways off and there's already been a lot of thought put into each introduction. The idea is that the lands along the north coast above the old frozen line are inhabited by much different creatures than those found on Equestria. Yes, it s far looks like each chapter after they set off is going to end up more or less as "creature of the week", but I need to pace their time through those lands before they reach the Storm Clan, and meeting new creatures around every turn seems better than constant breakdowns and natural disasters. The main problem I really hit on is when we finally get to the clan and have almost all those creatures in one place.

Oh yeah, hold on, I forgot to add sea ponies to the list.

I hope I get this all worked out by the time the chapters are ready to get written.

5414301 I don't know Ink, that's an awful lot of work even for you. I'm genuinely concerned you won't even be able to take the damned bite let alone chew. At any rate I probably won't be able to go beyond season two. With the typical chapter length you use it's been hard enough to keep up. Now that I've got Tempest almost all of the way ready (I still need to figure what she looks like), and the fact that I'm already doing the prep work for part of the Witchingverse in that A.U. Well I simply won't have the time, more so with the other work and reading I've been doing.

Life just gets in the way you know?

So is there a chance that a changeling will get conscripted into her guard? Other than that, I have no idea who would fill which division. I think it will determine how that character gets along with the Mane Six. Because if they cannot get along with the Element Bearer, then they may not be able to get them to listen to reason, also if they get along, then keeping the guard hidden would be easier. In my opinion at least.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

I know. Some of them are set next to the cutting block already, so nothing is set in stone, just wanted folks' input.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Zecora gives me enough headaches, please don't expect a lot of our-world accurate depictions of these creatures. I sight the manticore in our world supposedly having the head of a human as an example.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Changelings are eligible.

5415607 Yeah don't actually try to "shotgun" in ideas, that never goes well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13