The Witching Hour 176 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Hey all!
First, I want to thank you all for backing this new group dedicated to The Witching Hour! It means so much to me that you all like it so much that this was even created.

With that said, I want to start a little tradition here. Once a month, I'm going to pick an episode, character idea, etc., and ask: What do YOU think is going to happen or would like to see happen with this event, character, etc.? I've found it fun to discuss things like that with some of you already, and I'd like to make this a group thing rather a one-on-one.

So! On to the discussion.
For the very first of these, I wanted to talk about something that's both big and from season two. A Canterlot Wedding fits the bill rather nicely, so here's the question:
How do YOU think A Canterlot Wedding will play out in The Witching Hour?

Now, before you answer, there are a few things you need to know:
1. Scarlet Claw the hippogriff and Tight Fit the earth pony will be officially part of the Bearer Guard by this time.
2. There will also be either three other ponies officially in the guard and two prospects or just five prospects and all know the Bearer Guard exists.
3. This will definitely be a 2-chapter arc (where will it split?).

So what are you lot waiting for? Tell me what you think is going to happen!

5110346 Now this I have been pondering since Chaos is Change started, a little before actually and I really have no idea. I am however very interested in what your approach will be. Midnight can ill afford any aggressive resolution in that case and this should definitely test her in new ways. Ways I am look forward to seeing. :eeyup: During the battle in the streets however she'll be business as usual I think, but we'll see when we see.

5110346 I think that Midnight would be the only one to share Twilight's suspect that something's wrong with Cadence, although she would be cautious considering that she had known the alicorn only for a short time. Considering how Chrysalis acted before the wedding in the show, Midnight would maybe notice some odd behavior, like a colder attitude toward her (maybe because she's half wyvern? I remember vaguely from a comic that Chrysalis despised dragons because in her opinion they weren't able to love, thus they were useless for her) or Squeaks being seen as a nuisance, in contrast with their first meeting.

If Honeysuckle actually does turn out to have a changeling connection, this naturally must be the point where it comes to light.

5110449 i agree with that. With the way she was living, it would leave her with a sense of being on guard around cadence(chrysalis) but at the same time, meeting her gives Midnight an idea of how she would act in those types of situations.

I vote for the idea of having three other ponies officially in the Bearer Guard and two prospects at the time of the wedding arc.

cyberlord4444
Group Admin

5110346 I for one think that at the very least that Midnight should take Twilight's side during the confrontation, it always bothered me that nopony did, not even Celestia. Oh, and she should bring in Honeysuckle to check on Shining Armor and 'Cadance's' connection, of lack of as is the case.

I believe this episode should be a major deviation from the original MLP plotline. Not just for the fact that I dislike the cookie-cutter "Main Hero punches a few Changelings up and contributes nothing major so it's just a rewrite of the Finale" chapters various stories have, but because I can actually see the Bearer Guard doing a ton of work during the Invasion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9