Downvoted With No Comment 143 members · 417 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So, I've recently posted a rewrite of my old fic, and it's got a much, much worse reception than before. It's disheartening for me to see that stupid bar almost 50/50 red to green. So if anyone would be kind enough to read the fic and find out why it's deserving of these down votes, which I can't find a reason for personally, I would be so grateful—you'd be helping me keep writing because at the minute, I'm about to give up.

Link to the fic: The Pastromorbo Epidemic

2:1 ratio... looks like your story is doing much better ^_^

I got a few likes when I posted as well as another dislike, but I still see that as pretty poor. That's still quite a high degree of down votes, still for no explained reason. :fluttershysad:

people are assholes. On this site people have no punishment for being an ass and almost no reward for being a decent person.
dont let them get you down.

Hard to do when you're as self-conscious as I am. It makes each little thing a blow :unsuresweetie:

5162739 trust me I understand. My writing is very important to me and I have been attacked by masses of people. More so than just on stories.
I have literally been stabbed for being me.
you can come and hang out with me. I try my best to keep my friends happy ^_^

Honestly, I don't see the thrill people get from being assholes. They don't even get an arguament out of it, cos they're all anoumous!

Its a mental issue. Kinda like how some people feel the NEED to murder or eat human flesh.
Only much more mild, they just need that fix. They NEED to be an ass. They NEED to harm people, its just in their nature.
You just need to find people who dont have that mental default

Eh, that's a fair point. Hmm, if only I could just ban the assholes from reading...

5162809 indeed, there needs to be a more strict rating system that rewards positive feedback, even positive criticism and punishes douchebagery

I suppose it's a tricky one, coz how do you tell the douchebags from the general grumps who just don't like much? Other than making it compulsory to give a reason when disliking (maybe a 'tick which issues are relevant' setup might work, I suppose).

Oh, it was supposed to be rated T, thanks.

5162831 Much like the Youtube hero's program, and we all saw how well that went.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15