Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
DrakeyC
Group Admin

Not aborted, suspended, to be picked up at a later date, probably.

Finding time to do an LP is tricky sometimes, I work four days a week and volunteer all day another day, so I basically have a full time job, and in my off time I work a lot on the FFWiki. Doing an LP part typically takes an hour of setting up the programs, actually playing the game, putting the separate video and audio together in a video editor, exporting it, and uploading it. And honestly, I got other stuff I wanna do in my spare time when I'm not on the FFWiki.

That aside, I'm kinda running out of things to say in terms of general commentary, and will have little to say in terms of specifics - compared to the World of Balance, the World of Ruin wasn't changed all that heavily. Most of the chances to the World of Ruin were minor gameplay tweaks to enemy stats and access to the top-tier equipment and abilities. Aside from the Eight Wraths, Rarity's sidequest with the Diamond Dogs, and the Ancient Castle, the storylines for the World of Ruin were fairly untouched. The dungeons on the other hand dominate much of the World of Ruin. I don't like LPs where there's long stretches of silence from the player, and that is gonna become me going forward.

So, between limited personal time and limited topics to discuss, my LP is suspended for now. I may pick it up in the future, perhaps once Season 8 begins I'll make it a weekly thing and discuss the season on them to fill the airtime.

If you're running out of things to say on your own, plenty of other LPers would take that as an opportunity to try and fill that gap by having guests.

You could have other LPers (or general players) from here join you. To get their thoughts on the mod or their experience with even vanilla FF6, etc...

DrakeyC
Group Admin

And that in turn would be even more difficult to schedule and make time for.

And I'm getting so much out of it too. I've been updating my notes a little thanks to enemies having new strengths and immunities and such that you've been showing off. That and I haven't had the chance to do a complete test run of 2.0 yet and don't know the specific conditions or locations for finding Grogar and the Smooze since you moved them out of the final dungeon.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

? No I didn't

You didn't? I thought you were. Changed your mind?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I do remember saying I was gonna, guess I forgot. Not sure if I wanna now, lemme ponder it.

If I recall, the reason you wanted to do that was so that Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's ultimate weapons could be obtained before entering the Final Dungeon.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Aye. Changing should be easy, just thinking of where to put them. Grogar can go in the Wonderbolt memorial, but what about the Smooze?

Comment posted by Skylight77 deleted Feb 26th, 2018

How about somewhere in the Diamond Dogs cave? The cave Rover's in. Hidden in one of the rooms in the dark!

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Sounds good. Option two I thought of was Fort Appleloosa because poison.

You already have the Squizard there, so...

DrakeyC
Group Admin

True, don't wanna have two there.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

So, now the question is, if I move Grogar and Smooze elsewhere, what to put in their places, those rooms are fairly significant. I could just leave them empty. I could put items in the rooms to be found, but what ones? I could also put two new bosses in there. It may be a bit much though, that'd be five bonus bosses in the game. For my money I was thinking Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker.

Finding the Smooze in the Diamond Dog lair would be kind of annoying considering the randomness factor. You could put it in the Cave in the Veldt after its been completed. Isn't the Smooze the one that drops Scoot's weapon? Some NPC somewhere could mention its in there. Maybe one of the dudes in the very cave in fact.
As for what to replace in the final dungeon, they would have to drop something or else there would be little point in fighting them since they are optional. Perhaps some equipment that otherwise is normally only obtainable via the Colosseum or perhaps something a bit more rare? Maybe one could be that ultimate Alicorn weapon that former Ragnarok Esper could be turned into instead and the other could be the ultimate shield without needing to uncurse it? Or some other unique shield you have yet to create? Maybe one that grants the low-HP Cover Protection thing while also granting safe or something?

What would be their drops?

HOW ABOUT CAKES?!?! I VOTE CAKES!!! MANY FAT DELICIOUS CAKES!!! ENOUGH CAKES FOR EVERYPONY!!! ENOUGH CAKES FOR PRINCESS CELESTIA!!!

Source

Source

For those who don't get it, Cakes are the Megaelixirs of Filly Fantasy 6. They heal the entire party of all their HP and MP. There's been no easy way to obtain those aside from a very complicated Steal strategy that I never see anyone use. So the reason why I suggest this is because, instead of the reward being just another weapon that's usually exclusive to one pony or race, how about a useful healing item that everypony can use?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18