Audio Drama Fics 106 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm offering a very low rate of audiobook readings for a limited time because I'm trying to save up for a high-quality mic and a pop filter (so that I can do better quality audiobook readings in turn). So to sorta crowdfund that if possible, I'm trying to get some people to commission audiobooks from me at a discount! My rate for as long as I'm offering this lower rate will be $1 per 1,000 words for the first 10k words, then a bulk discount rate of $1 per every 2,000 words after that. So a 20k word story would be $15 ($10 for the first 10k, $5 for the last 10k). I'm open to any and all fandoms as well as original stories, and the only limitation is that I won't do erotica. And if you want me to read someone else's story, that's fine too but I'll need to get the original author's permission.

Here's a sample of my reading. Note that this was recorded with lower quality equipment, so it does have some volume issues that would be fixed if I raise enough to buy this better mic (I was using a gaming headset instead of a dedicated mic). I do not claim to be a professional, nor are these anywhere close to professional prices. I am autistic and don't express certain emotions as well as others (namely if your fic has a ton of excitement/happiness/general Pinkie Pie stuff, maybe I'm not the best choice), but I do well with most emotions. People generally enjoy my readings and say that they're paced well and that I'm pleasant to listen to.

On the subject of meeting my goal, if I meet it and there are still customers, I'll take anything until I say I've closed it, so I might take more than I need. But if I only get a few takers for smaller stories, I won't be doing it at all; I need enough to cover at least half the cost of the equipment to justify the cost. Because of this, I won't ask anyone to pay until I've actually ordered the equipment; I don't want anyone to pay me only to later have me realize I didn't get enough takers to buy the mic.

If you're interested, comment here or PM me to let me know what you're interested in!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1