Fans of Star Wars Episode VII 66 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Still very hyped about Star Wars after seeing the movie. Thought I'd share the results:

The blade effects were hastily added in Photoshop.

I made them in the style of the prequel sabers since I prefer that look over the more rustic ones. The lower one originally had a much more elaborate projector piece, but I didn't like how it turned out so I simplified it a lot. Also, I forgot to put a belt clip on it. Oh well.

Google SketchUp kinda hates me and often tries to sabotage my efforts, but I think these came out rather well.

LightningSword
Group Admin

4975113 Neat! Very nice designs, and they sort of combine elements from the prequel sabers and the old school OT sabers. I like them! :twilightsmile:

Yeah, I wanted to do something different with those grip ridge-thingies. Some of the prequel sabers do have them, though Anakin seems to have had a particular fondness for them since he ended up building three sabers with that design.

Curiously, Yoda's saber is basically just a small version of the graflex-type saber that Anakin favored, so it may actually be a rather old style. Perhaps Anakin was trying to emulate Yoda.

LightningSword
Group Admin

4975221 That's possible. I also heard that he took a leaf out of Qui-Gon's book in building his saber, too. His saber could be a hybrid of several different designs.

I also heard that he took a leaf out of Qui-Gon's book in building his saber, too.

Really? Can't say I've ever noticed any resemblance.

LightningSword
Group Admin

4975303 It's probably non-canon by now, but I do remember reading something like that. I can't really see it, either, to be honest, but maybe it's something that can't be seen. :applejackunsure:

Nice, definitely brings to mind some of the design s from episode one.

Wow, I didn't know there were still Sketchup users here. (no offense, being one myself.)

And that's actually a nice model!

I am currently attempting to build an actual saber prop for myself. The one I'm working on right now is supposed to be a prototype, but it's actually coming out so well I may not even need to make a more serious version. :pinkiehappy:

I really should do more crafting. It's been a long time since I got seriously creative with something that doesn't involve writing.

Thanks. Like I said, me and SketchUp have a bit of a complicated relationship. Sometimes things work out okay, other times it doesn't.

I once tried to make a perfect cube, because I needed it as a structural base for something, but it didn't work because the measurements kept being slightly off. On a cube. I mean, that's a pretty simple shape. You'd think a computer program would understand, you know, geometry and math and stuff. :rainbowhuh:

5028393 Ah, yes, those little problems. Good luck!

I'm going to try it out now now tjat you point it out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11