Tavern of the Goobs 12 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Ho, ho, ho. It's update season! Some of us like it, some of us hate it. Well whatever, dispite my great dislike for the change I shall make the best of it. And believe me my friends, I have. With, you guessed it, a drinking game!

Now, you might ask, "Eyes, how does one such as myself play this magnificent game?"

To that I say, "It's simple! You fancy yourself a reader, do you not? All you need do is go to a story you like."

"What do you mean, I read all the time, I don't see the point of this game..."

"Oh, ho, ho, but here is where things get interesting. You see, if you didn't know, they added a neat little feature to the site. A text to speech feature. Now, this chickadee likes to fuck up her speech with all our human-y words."

"I still don't get what your saying..."

*Sigh* "Okay, it's funny as shit to listen to her try... You take a drink when you laugh, or she says something off the wall. The point of the game is you get drunk and have a good time..."

"Oooh, why didn't you just say that..?"

"Whatever, have fun little goobers."

they added a neat little feature to the site. A text to speech feature.

Where can one find this feature?

When you open a fic, double click any paragraph (to start), it's in the old 'format bar' but new, or not, because new/updated... You'll see an audio "thingie" and 'Read'.

Hit 'Read' and enjoy. But it's only fun if you have booze.

Anyway, double click a paragraph and hit the only thing that says Read, there ya go.

5983625 Thanks. I thought I knew every feature of this site. This is a nice surprise for me.

Personally, I have a chrome extension installed that does the reading. I like it better because It's 3x faster than this one. I also have Natural Reader and Read4Me installed for my desktop needs.

If everything else fails, I use
http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/

5983627 I run firefox, and have userscripts to put Fimfiction as close to pre-update as possible. I'm not a fan, but I'm making the most of it. XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5