Nightmare's Reign 144 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

So if you've joined this group, either you like Nightmare's timeline, or you're someone who loves new groups.

With the former in mind, I would like to open a discussion thread on exactly why you like this specific timeline.

For me, it's everything I could want to see in the show, but will never happen.

Celestia gone? Check.

Twilight gone? Check

Luna/Nightmare Moon as ruler? Check

Eternal Night isn't so bad? Check

Sounds great to me!

Post your reasons below.

I love to see Luna or nightmare moon rule she is my favorite character and eternal night look better the the day by day it look like the land was thriving and just better over all

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4895532 Agreed.

A lot of fans had it in their minds that if NMM were to rule, Equestria would die an ice cold, starving death. It's so nice to see just how wrong they are. :twilightsmile:

Also nice to see that NMM is actually willing to get off her throne when something important happens, and not get everypony else to do it for her.

Best timeline for me all things considered.

I am a big Nightmare Moon fan and I simply enjoy picturing her as a ruler. It gives her a threatening appearance. Something she lacked in Season 1. Let alone. She managed to rule her country pretty well as many people called her an idiot for wanting eternal night as everyone would die. I believed she is not that stupid. Also, you gotta love Rarity and Rainbow in this. They both are two awesome. (Let alone the irony.)

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4895910 It is nice to see all the changes brought about by her rule, especially to the old castle, it looked way better than the one in Canterlot.

Also, you gotta love Rarity and Rainbow in this. They both are two awesome. (Let alone the irony.)

I like it too, all she needs is the other four, and the irony will be massive.

Yes, but I think, Rainbow has the best irony, being the Element of Loyality.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

Rarity's presence is what sold me on the world, because I just dig Rarity. But I also love the fact that Rainbow's sporting bat wings. To me, it seems like both of them would have had to make uncomfortable sacrifices to have a place of prominence in that world... and I want to pick at those in the fic I'm writing about it. :pinkiecrazy:

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4896225 I would find it absolutely hilarious if the Mane Six of that timeline all serve NMM in different ways, it would be an unknown victory for her, considering that she hates the elements of harmony.

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4896705 They seemed pretty content with their positions serving NMM, don't think they really had to make any sacrifices to get where they are.

If there had to be one, I would say that Rainbow had to give up almost, if not all contact with Fluttershy after becoming a guard.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

4897412 The scene was so short, though, that it would be hard to say for sure. But you make an interesting point about Rainbow and Fluttershy. Would they still be able to be friends in the new world? I suppose it depends on where Fluttershy ended up...

That is so true. However as the friends never found together, they are not the Element Bearers. There are probably no Element Bearers.

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4898222 Well, they are the bearers, they'll just never realize it in that timeline.

The Mane Six were born as the bearers, but never knew about it until their confrontation with NMM.

This timeline however, they will NEVER realize it, and the elements will forever remain in myths and legends.

That probably is an even better option. And yes, if they all served Nightmare, this would be so ironic.

Aside from the fact that I'm a Luna/NMM fanboy, the Nightmare timeline was maybe the only time in the series during which I felt relaxed and comfortable. I mean, I'd feel so much safer with Her Highness as ruler rather than Celestia, who as you implied doesn't actually do anything, and whose constant delegation to Twilight results in continual disasters and conflict. A sovereign who gets down off her throne at a moment's notice to secure a powerful magic for the benefit of her kingdom inspires trust and devotion. Far more than the figurehead.

There is peace, beauty and security in Nightmare Moon's night. Every pony has their part to play, and every pony knows their boundaries.

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4904497 Couldn't have said it any better myself.

NMM timeline is best timeline.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15