Marblemac shipping 206 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So I'd love to know more about this Shipping, ERM I mean, Choosing Stone, that Igneous and Cloudy Quartz mentioned.

GRANNY SMITH'S REACTION THOUGH! XD

Seriously though, where is this rock and where can I find it, GIVE IT TO ME.

Any thoughts on this Choosing *but really Shipping* Stone? Headcanons?

Shipping EX machina! Thank you writers!

the choosing stone is most likely somewhere around the farm or near it. maybe just exclusively for them, idk.

4818042 Either a crystal imbued with the power to show you your future lover, or a series of concentric circles of gravel that radiate outwards until they find the pony you're best suited for.

At least, those are the two ideas I'm flip-flopping between as I prepare for the inevitable 'Big Mac visits the Choosing Stone' scene.

THAT SECOND ONE IS BRILLIANT. I like the first too, but I never would have thought of the second.

And the fact that you're going to write about it excites me to no end.

I honestly didn't think I'd love this ship as much as I've grown to. I loved it at first sight, but I'm seriously considering a oneshot now. And I thought I'd only ever write about fluttercord!

4818070 I wonder myself if it's a Pie artifact or a community or cultural one. Perhaps even a religious one?

4818164 Perhaps the Pies are the guardians of the Choosing Stone.

In a universe where friendship is literally magic, and the power of love can let you go toe-to-toe with alicorns and punt an entire species over the horizon, an artifact with the ability to calculate optimal lovers could serve a serious tactical advantage. This would also explain why this is the first time we've heard of the Choosing Stone; it's less a tool for enforcing monogamy, and more the ultimate screening process for Equestrian soldiers.

*does that thing when you fan your fingers on both hands and the tips touch the opposite finger of said hands but can't remember how that action is phrased*

Interesting...Explain this further, if you will, please. My brain is not good at understanding the intricacies of war tactics and whatnot.

4818269 It's called steepling.

Consider the Royal Wedding incident. Shining Armor, most powerful defensive mage we've seen thus far, has been drained dry of his love for Cadance. This completely depletes his shield spell, and also gives Chrysalis the power to smash Celestia with so little effort that even Chryssi is surprised at how powerful she has become. And then, Shiny is pulled back from the brink of death and restored to full power by nothing more than the love of his wife.

Now consider what this could mean in active combat. Imagine nuke-spells that would normally take a team of unicorns being lobbed one after another by a single unicorn who has his girlfriend close by. Imagine a pegasus accelerating to speeds faster than light and maintaining those speeds for hours with little to no repercussions. Imagine an earth pony filly shattering a mountain because of their colthood crush.

But of course, mere infatuation can't possibly be enough to power such devastating attacks. If it were, the Eqeustria Girls movie would have been about Twilight and Flash Sentry making out to allow Twilight access to her full range of unicorn magic. No, what we need for this is true love. And the Choosing Stone would be able to pair you with your soul mate just like that *snaps fingers for dramatic effect*.

For more show evidence, consider Maud. Able to make nuclear rocksplosions and reduce a massive boulder to gravel in seconds, but can barely budge Holder's Boulder. The power of love yet again, only this time it's familial love. Admittedly not much related to the Choosing Stone, but I needed another example for love-power.

Finally, changelings. I've just always had a headcanon that the purest form of love can make changelings bulletproof. Bit of a pointless note to end on, but I think I've said all I need to.

I just came up with a really twisted head canon.

What if the Shipping Choosing Stone is a really a fragment of the former Crystal Empire's ruler Princess Amore.

Why I said that is because in Sombra's issue of FIENDship is Magic comic he turned Amore into a black crystal statue

Before ultimately destroying it, and scattering her remains throughout the world.

And one of those fragments ended up be in the Pie family's possession. :rainbowderp:

4818042 It's a stone that was brought to the rock farm by FedEx :rainbowlaugh:

Evilworld
Group Admin

4818042 I'm going geuss it was some sort of a spirit that is like Discord until we see it other wise.
I would really like to stay away with comic cannon until proven other wise.

I thought it was called the pairing stone.

4819300 Big Mama Q called it the pairing stone, Iggy and Granny Smith called it the choosing stone.

4818328 Well, there is another theory on why Chrysalis was able to draw so much power from Shining Armor. If a single stallion full of true love could make Chrysalis more powerful than Celestia, she would have taken over centuries ago. I find it hard to believe that Shining Armor and Cadance are the only kidnapple couple truly soulmates that the changling horde has ever been able to locate.

On the other hand, Cadance is the alicorn of love, if she were to hit a target with a love spell, any changling that drained that target would be feeding from a source of ultimate love magic, and could be incredibly powerful..

4818467 Yes, Amore's fragments would be the perfect origin for the choosing stone!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15