Cool Group Bro.... Needs More Ponies 53 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Yesterday, had a sudden thought. What about horses? I live in a semi rural neighborhood, so a large number of people in my area own and care for horses and it isn't unusual to see people out riding horses. So my question is this. In the wake of this country wide pontification, how would horses be effected? I alone could think of half a dozen ways to approach this but at this moment I'm writing a different story about something else. I could touch on this in my story, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but if this is a subject that you want to write and/or discuss, than here it is. Enjoy!

P.S. I don't think that the earth horses actually changed. You know, like they became sentient.

5274796 I feel like they would be sentient, but still speak in their own language, after all we saw horses in the actual show. Saddlearabia anyone? But I doubt they would develop a very advance society in terms of being able to group up and working their own land. Maybe treat them as immigrants? And that may also apply to Zebras in zoos. Meaning there would be a lot less. Can you imagine an actual zebra rhyming all the time in this post transformed America?

5274850 It's possible and it is a good idea.

I had postulated in one of the first post of this group that the stone's magic might have an effect on nature and other new creatures might had been created in the posses or awoken or transformed, how know how much effect it had on them. so it is possible that hoses might have becomes sentient to a degree like the other animals in MLP. I don't think that natural horses or ponies would become the equal of the ex-humanity but they might become very closes to them in terms of relation but I wouldn't be surprised that many horses will be freed in the wild sens very little people can actuality proses meat anymore and can't really be used as beast of burden anymore with the technologies available. Hell they might create their own primitive culture, or even have people turn ponies how deiced to live with them in the wild.

5274858 Got any more ideas you want to explore on it? Like introducing humans into horses as well? Or non-affected horse being brought from another part of the world?

5274898 This is a pretty new idea so there's going to be some figuring out. One thing that I think needs to be addressed is how it effects the wood at large. We know that only America was transformed, what about the other countries? What will they think about this new development?

5274850 Speeking of Zebras, ... If I'm first nations, would I change into a Buffalo

Do we all become ponies, or so the First-Nations become Buffalo, and ....

The way I understood it was it was all of North America was transformed. So that would include Canada, Mexico, and all of Central America. That is a major game changer overall, I would see severe economical upheaval World wide plus that nut case in North Korea definitely pulling something. After it could be ascertained that it will be safe to enter North America I would see things calming down a lot. It would change how things are done World wide with the UN based out of NY but the World would just move on.

5275825 Yeah, pretty much. This sort of change would be a major deal.

Also what of the religious point of views. This will definitely be something that will be dangerous. So few authors deal with the big picture of what could have happened. I just wish I had an ability to write a story and I would love to cover what I think would have happened.

5275849 Yeah, from what I understand on the internet, that's the biggest can of worms attached to a nuclear bomb. Just, don't go there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11