Cool Group Bro.... Needs More Ponies 53 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

I'd like to let you all know that I've been personally working on a Group Banner for us, and I've been making slow progress on it. Regardless of how much progress, I'd like to actually share what I've got with you and see what your opinions on how it should look are. I've been using Photoshop for this, and I haven't done that in a while so I'm a bit rusty. There's also very little detailing done, so the spots you see ponies could be ANY of the stories characters. There's also sill room on the right side of the banner, so I plan on adding stuff there.

Here's what I got so far:

Now, cause the colors are pretty much everywhere, I'll take away the background:

Now just the background so you get an idea what's going to be there:

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on how the group banner should look and who goes where on it are appreciated entirely and will be taken into consideration! At least, if I see them. If you don't actually reply to the comment and expect me to keep coming in here like a paranoid schizophrenic waiting for senpai to show up, you're dead wrong and I'll probably miss it if the tread goes dead.

So Yeah. Thoughts and stuff.

Go.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4794838 Damn Grag.... you people and having multiple skills and talents and stuff.... Sheesh...

Looking cool though. I'd say 'Cool Group Bro...' rather than 'Cool Story Bro...'

4794862 Yeah, that would be better for a "group" banner. XD This is just the sketches though, so whatevs.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4794873 For once in my life, I have a story mentally plotted out by about 50%, with most of the stuff and plot conceptualized and such, but I'm holding back because I want to complete at least one story before starting another XD

4794906 Understandable. But all I'm asking is what do ya think would look good on the banner? A touch of Ben here, a dash of Angela trolling there, stuff like that.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4794920 Hmm... A rainbow leaking cloud if we have space, a ghostly apparition- I mean spiritual avatar of Angela in the background would be a good touch...

4794940 With a good old applejack spooky face no doubt, as she hovers over Lyle. :rainbowlaugh:

So far, it looks great! Can't wait to see when its finished!

bluemoon1996
Group Admin

Looks good to mw

Hmm, I'd say we need Angela's Avatar being her trolly self in that picture, maybe messing with Ben seeing as they were dating before, also, I think the three ponies that you made should be Lyle (blue), Emily (yellow), Lizzy (Pink).

I also think we should add, in the far background on the right, Agent Gnome. I feel he could be part of future stories for us to use. If not, maybe add like a seal which is supposed to represent DISPEL, I feel it would give to those that see the banner that something serious could be taking place in this group.

UPDATE!

So I've managed some more work on the banner since I last posted. While the work is only from the past few hours, That's all I've really had time to do. Lots of classes and Work hours have been getting between me and progress. So without further ado, here are the new versions of the same three types of shots that I last posted.

Entire file:

Characters and Words only:

The Ponies have been doubled! Now that we have the three on the left decided thanks to Raybrony as being Lyle, Emily, and Liz, I put another three off to the right. So on the right from left to right, we have Angela (Who will be transparent later), Fiora, and Dale. I think I'll probably be pushing Gnome in there next to Dale and moving Dale a bit closer to Fiora later, but for now that's all I got. As for the words, "Story" has been switched to "Group" so that the banner fits better.

Background:

Ah the background. It looks so much less eye tearing now that it's not green. While the left side has yet to be detailed more, I was able to get the center and right done. Wether the center stays there or gets moved to the right and I use a different point for the center, that's up for debate, so feel free to argue.

In the center, we have good old Lone Peak High School. I did a little research today, and found that it's an actual place in Utah. Go figure. So I took a screenshot of Google Maps street view and used it for reference. As for the right, we have the Archterra, the heart of the continent itself! Going to look a bit goomier there so be warned.

And there you have it! Status update on the Banner!

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4798995 Alter looks mayan influenced. Well, mesoamerican. Nice. Most of the pyramids this side are sorta like that.

4814864 Glad you noticed. I was kinda thinking that since the Archterra was described as "... a giant alter, a raised platform that dug into the ground with its sediment, yet strangely, it appeared as if it were as natural as the dirt and rocks it sat atop."

I figured if this was the heart of the North American Continent, a place that used to be lived on by Mayans and other Mesoamericans, the same race of people who have a freaking multicentury long calendar and were technologically advanced for their time, then they would have probably known about the Archterra. It just fit that they had more knowledge of magic as well for this universe, so they became the staple for the Archterra's design and subsequently I now feel the motion to make the Mesomagicians canon for this fanon and that their pyramids were made to try and create a duplicate or done so out of worship.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4814928 As a homage and maybe even a sympathetic ritual? To draw more magic simply because it's so similar to the primary conduit... Considering how Archterra and the Chi of the earth works, Earth ponies might have the best bet of continuing human style magic...

And now I'm considering a lot of the native, aboriginal and mesoamerican myths I've read and the fact that some critters really were said to just 'spawn' from nature/magic... lovely... We might have some fun critters waking up...

4814948 that is a wondrous and terrifying possibility. Flying danger noodle now canon. XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4815194 So many ideas, so little time to write...

Oh! For the icon, I did very basic image manipulation. Very basic.

4815381 I approve of this. So much.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4815412 Huzzah! I have contributed! *claps happily before slotting it in place*

*BANNER UPDATE*

Alrighty, so I've been working a bit more on the banner and have two images to show how it looks. First, we now have a total of seven ponies on here, and they not bald anymore! Three of them had their hairstyles chosen for me thanks to Shadowflame's lovely fan art contributor from the last of the trilogy. I tried to match them as best as I could so if you think they look flat, do let me know.

Yes, it's black and white, but that's because it's line art at the moment. Not even good line art at that. Lyle's mane is a bit messy. Emily got the Fluttershy treatment done to her mane. little Liz got her mane styled similarly to AB and Cheerilee. Angela's snickering back there still with her wavy alicorn mane of infuriating madness. Fiora is going to be forever known as Mullet Pony. Dale looks incredibly worried about his friend, and Agent Smith Gnome is just sitting there with his shades like a boss.

In non hair related news, most of the characters got moved around a bit. Lyle and Emily are closer together and now moved to the right. I did this because now that we have a Group Icon, I need to make space for it. It'd be a little embarrassing if Lyle's face was being covered up by it.

As for the background, only two really major updates. One, we have Lyle's house (as I imagined it) drawn out and ready to go. Two, I put a general idea of how I'm going to blend these scenes together. Not only will there be a blur, but I'll use a less intense version of the rainbows you see there to be a bit more "magical" with it. That or just use some streams of "Pink Soda" as Angela would say.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4817886 The group icon covers all! It hungers from ponies!

Looking good though. I did think Anime Style Nerd when I saw Gnome though XD. It's the hairstyle and colour. Could easily be badass in a shot. Force Rock Gauntlets, man.

bluemoon1996
Group Admin

Hey, I'm not dead everyone! And more importantly, HERE IS AN UNFATHOMABLY OVERDUE UPDATE ON THE BANNER!

Heheheheh. Gnome looks like a police officer.

I have literally no excuse for why this took so long. I was goofing off on pretty much everything since Finals were done with.

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4949651 I need to get to work on my story. It will be a race to the finish! Story or Banner XD

bluemoon1996
Group Admin

Nice

Place ya bets!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24