Padded Ponies United 447 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

I made the first version of this list a little over a year ago, and in the time since with some of the things that have transpired in the show, I feel like this list warranted an updating. I'm going to basing the ranks on my personal opinion and observations, so it is by no means official. Feel free to disagree. Here's the original version, if you're interested.

8. Rarity: I'm moving her down as a result of things that have transpired for other characters in the time since the original list was made. Rarity still remains primarily suited to the role of caretaker, she is the most emotionally mature and stable of all her friends. She has never really broken down outside of "Fame and Misfortune", and even then she has a ton of ways to alleviate stress (cry her eyes out, eat ice cream, shred on a guitar, stress sewing, wearing her emotions). Plus, she has displayed saint like patience even with those who have gotten on her nerves to varying extents. And although she's been willing to indulge in camping and other outdoor activities, she still remains primarily opposed to anything she perceives as dirty or uncouth. I don't think she would willingly pad up, unless it was for a major fashion project in which deadlines would prevent her from taking a bathroom break.

7. Applejack: Even with the knowledge that there are family secrets she never knew about (like the truth about her mom, and her faternal grandfather), and the fact that her parents are pretty much confirmed dead, Applejack still struggles with her workaholic tendencies and her stubbornness. While she may feel conflicted and concerned about the changes in her life that are no doubt being touched off by Big Mac dating Sugar Belle and Apple Bloom now being able to work the fields, she would be too prideful to admit she needs a break. She would resist any attempts to pad up, though I imagine that unlike Rarity if she were coxed into it she'd probably better adapt to it and start to indulge in it. After all, losing one's parents at a young age, or other traumatic events has been shown to psychologically affect the state of those who endure it and undermine their sense of security.

6. Spike: Though he still hates being called a BABY dragon, the events of "Molt Down" do hint at a possible avenue for Spike to get into AB/DL. Namely, his concerns about Twilight (who considers him family) as he was undergoing the changes in his life. He'd probably still not willing pad up, but he'd be perhaps a bit less insistent on his independence if he were coxed into it, especially if Twilight or Rarity were doing it to him. Plus, there could be avenues for writers to claim the molt might adversely affect Spike's bodily functions (as I'm sure there are documented cases of those going through puberty that suffer occasional incontinence).

5. Starlight Glimmer: At first, the detail that she was a latch key kid would move her up as that would probably suggest her parents were almost non-exisitant during her childhood. But when "The Parent Map" rolled around and Starlight was subjected to a variation of AB/DL by her dad, her visible distaste for being talked down to and treated like a little filly has moved her down. That's not to say she wouldn't still be open to it, but a major deciding factor would be who her caretaker would be and what terms she would be allowed to include. If it were someone she trusted like Twilight, Sunburst, or even Trixie, I imagine she would be less opposed to it than if someone like her dad were to propose it.

4. Rainbow Dash: With others moving down, she has moved up. Rainbow Dash would probably still be extremely cautious and reluctant to indulge, especially now that she has her teaching responsibilities to deal with. But I imagine that especially for a pony like her who's used to being lazy and having a lot of free time, the shift to more responsibilities would cause her a lot of stress and leave her eager for anything that could make her feel more care free. Like before, I think she would be a closet AB/DL at best, and would still want to avoid anyone catching her in a padded state.

3. Twilight Sparkle: The biggest factor working against her now, is free time to obtain supplies and indulge. And with her school of friendship to oversee, on top of monitoring the map and the occasional princess responsibility, I don't think Twilight would have the time to indulge. If she could find someone trust worthy to unload her responsibilities onto for a while (perhaps a period of hours or days), then she would probably indulge. After all, personality wise, there's a lot to suggest Twilight might be into it. And the events of the movie and of Season 8 so far, would certainly drive her to seek comfort.

2. Fluttershy: She moves up because Twilight has moved down. It's still hard to say whether she works better as a baby, or as the mommy/caretaker, and she can work really well in either one. I think it's specifically because she's so motherly that many see her as a caretaker and not a baby. But I could see her just as easily getting into it for the sake of feeling safe and comforted. "Horse Play" suggests that she hasn't fully overcome her stage fright, likely due to what was first shown of her performance anxiety in "Hurricane Fluttershy". And those fears could be a motivation for her to indulge.

1. Pinkie Pie: Like with the first version, I don't think anyone will dispute Pinkie Pie being at number one. If there was any mane eight member who would be into AB/DL, it would most certainly be Pinkie Pie. Even eight seasons in, she retains her childlike innocence in viewing the world. And her upbringing on the rock farm could be a further motivator for her, because while it's clear that she and her family are on good terms (even with Limestone who she openly feuds with), she still lives in Ponyville. So that means by choice she left the rock farm for whatever reason. Perhaps at first she might feel a bit conflicted about it, but if she were to be told that she could be as big or little as she wants, I think Pinkie would readily take to it. Whether she would let anyone see her padded (besides perhaps the Cakes if one or both of them were her caretakers), is up for debate.

And there you have it. Feel free to discuss and debate, maybe there are things you see that I didn't take into account.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1