Rate my OC 131 members · 100 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Kicking 'Kick' Dash.

Race: Human.

Kicking Dash mainly goes by Kick by his friends and family, he is the cousin of Rainbow Dash and lives with his mother in her bakery/café where he helps her, he works hard to make it easier for his mom while studying hard too, but he is member of a secret underground street fighting club where martial art is seen as an art form and not a sport like society makes it, he have a strong moral code and refuse to hurt girls and womens and if needed, will fight them without hurting them, he also have a crippling fear of hights and look up to his father who passed away while in the army when he was little.

I gathered, I was more wondering why the OC is such a Sue (and also apparently in a bestiality family).

In what way is he a sue?

Ticks all the boxes, unexplained human, related to a main character without any sensible way to do so, is basically perfect by description except he's totes a badass in a secret fight club, lost parent figure role model who was in the army.... all a massive list of cliches.

By the by, martial arts IS usually seen as an art form as much as a sport, so he's not exactly a special snowflake in that regard.

I still don't see why he's a sue, you just mentioned I used some cliches to make him and he isn't an unexplained human, he belongs to the equestria girls universe, he is related to Rainbow for plot reasons, and what I meant with the fight club is that the only moves that are forbidden is the moves with a 100% kill risk, all other moves are allowed and all forms of martial arts is allowed

This is all sounding more and more like incredibly bad wish fulfillment.

Also "because plot reasons", somehow I doubt it. Very rarely does that justification actually hold any water.

I needed a reason for him to have known Rainbow for a long time so she would be in a family get together so she can cause some conflict and I don't see the big deal with him being related to Rainbow, it's not like he's an Apple or something

Being an Apple would actually make more sense given their exceptionally wide family tree that even they aren't fully sure of.

Seriously though this all sounds like a teenage fantasy of being a perfect cool guy badass just because he can be, and the "won't fight women/girls" thing is... well, rather hilarious to think about the myriad of ways that can be exploited.

Also, you might want to actually know anything about martial arts before making it a character. For starters, street fighting is not martial arts and second, "100% kill risk"? We were talking martial arts not RPG stats right?

I know about martial arts, I also know that caitain moves can damage the body beyound recovery and I never said he's perfect cool badass guy, he's not even the top fighter, a major part of the story he belongs to is that he will end up in the hospital because he's overworked he's body with too much work for his mom, training his body, fighting, studying, not getting enough sleep and keep the fighting hidden from everyone

I'm kinda missing the part where any of that is a character, just sounds like a lot of random traits without cohesion.

Also if that's his pony design as an avatar.... yeah, all I can say is red and black OCs are an ironic meme for a reason.

My avatar is not his pony form and I was simply explaining your complaints

Long and short; he sounds like an incredibly generic nice guy OC, his relation to a canon character seems pointless in the way it's being used and this "secret fight club" thing connects to nothing and seems to just be thrown in for wish fulfillment. Not every character needs to be a badass.

I admidt the fight club is wish fulfillment, but what is wrong with that, isn't that the whole thing with OC's and fanfiction, to fufilling our wishes for things we like? And sure, he's a nice guy, MLP is full of generic nice guys

Wish fulfillment is only good when it feels like it actually fits; the fight club here feels about as out of place as a trainwreck on a cruise ship.

Also, "MLP is full of generic nice guys", then why are you following suit? Why settle for generic when you could do so much more? Besides, I can think of a lot more unique traits of Big Mac and Shining Armor than anything listed here, they feel like distinct characters; I swear to god I've heard this same "troubled nice guy" OC a million times over and it very rarely amounts to anything interesting.

Troubled nice guy ? How does that fit my OC? And so what if he sound like a generic nice guy on paper, so what if I decide to follow suit with making him a nice guy, there might be more to him when character developement comes into focus

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17