Rate my OC 131 members · 100 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

And you are terrible at following directions, did you know that? Well, since you are here, I suppose I have to write things for you to read.

My OC and ponysona is, still undergoing creation. Mostly just his color scheme, but I am working on his back story as well. He is, well a "he". And his name is Wicked Strike. Why? Because I am terrible at coming up with names. If you are feeling helpful, then please lend me your thoughts on what some potential names could work for him.:twilightsmile:

Name: Wicked Strike

Appearance: Black body with gray and silver fading and highlights. Black mane and tail with red highlights. Muscular, but more toned than bulky. Wings suffer from some damage due to constant fights and training. Scars evident.

(This is a quick layout for me to base my revisions and final product on. It took me about an hour, so some details are omitted and the colors are not quite what I want. I will change a lot in the final pic.)

Personality: Eccentric, extroverted, competitive, friendly, combative, immature, carefree. These are the first traits that one would notice upon meeting and hanging out with Wicked, at first. But after a while, when someone becomes close friends with him, they discover that he has severe depression, shyness, and self doubt. Wicked just acts as he normally does to break out of his shell and change.

It has worked partly, his shyness is almost nonexistent, but he secretly holds disappointment in who he is and wants to better himself. He has had his depression for most of his life, partly because of his upbringing, and partly because of another reason. He is obsessed with martial arts and fighting. Unarmed combat is actually his talent. But he also enjoys science and understanding things. He wants to know how and why things are.

He detests most authority and especially when ponies in higher positions attempt to unjustly exercise their powers. He is constantly skeptical and analyzing things, ponies, and situations. But many times he foregoes analysis and the smart choice in favor of having fun and enjoying his life. The most important things to him are his friends.

He has never had a strong connection with his family, and even rejoiced when his mother died. So he adopts his various friends as those who truly care for him, and him for them. He was suicidal when he still lived with his mother, and even attempted to take his life. But the attempt failed and he realized that his life affected more than just himself. He had to consider everypony he knew, and their pain they might feel if he did die. So he continued to live for them.

He is very hard pressed to actually fight ponies, he is okay with competitions and sparring. But he only goes full out when his life, or the lives of others are in danger. He has only had to do this once, and he broke the offending pony's front leg with a hoof bar (armbar in case it wasn't obvious). He has always fantasized about casting off his moral restraints and chains, and causing some pain and destruction, but his empathy and conscience tend to get in the way. He wants to punish those who he deems need punishing, but he knows from experience that leads to a short and horrible life. So he continues on with learning, and befriending around Equestria.

Cutie Mark: A tribal boxing glove.

He hasn't been in anything yet. But I do plan on writing a fic that focuses on him. Since he is pretty much myself in pony form, his life will be composed of experiences similar to mine, but with some added twists and ponyfied of course. It will be slice of life, but the action mostly comes from his martial arts training and the stupid stuff he does with his friends.

So, thoughts, opinions, criticisms, love, hate? What do you think? (Probably hate...)

Ignoring the black and red color scheme, Wicked Strike sounds pretty cool! Based on that drawing alone, I'd hafta assume he's a thestral.

4654659 "Wicked Strike"? Really? If that's a ponysona name then I'm not sure I want to hang out with you. No offense dude but this sounds more like a name of a killer. A ponysona is supposed to be a representation of yourself, and if that IS a representation of yourself then I shudder at the thought what the symbolism might mean.

But I forget. You said you are taking suggestions. I'm sorry. How about Swift Shade? Or Lunar Strike? I don't know. I'm crazy.

The cutie mark though nice could be... simplified. Keep it the same just scale it down per say. Usually cutie marks don't take the whole area of the rump, and if they do they are overly complicated.

You could per say draw a boxing with tribal patterns ON it not AROUND it.

And before you ask... no I do not have a problem with the black and red scheme.

He does look like a vampire.

4656039 Like I said, I suck at coming up with names.

And his name is Wicked Strike. Why? Because I am terrible at coming up with names. If you are feeling helpful, then please lend me your thoughts on what some potential names could work for him.:twilightsmile:

But I need a name that conveyed his/my combative talents. I just used "Wicked" from my FIMFiction username, "WickedLSDragon" and "Strike" because it fits in with fighting. I couldn't go around calling him Taylor.:applejackunsure:

And yes, most of him is just a copy and paste of me onto him. Our personalities and histories are in line, but I want to make him more brash and fired up than I am so that it leads to more confrontations. I have only been in one fight in my life. I say fight as in a physical struggle where both of us were trying to really hurt the other. And I only did that because he tried to play the knockout game with me, I broke his arm in an armbar when he didn't tap out. I am really hesitant to enter a conflict, as my sympathy won't allow me to easily harm another without due cause.

As for the name, your "Swift Shade" has me thinking, I will see where this goes...

And thanks for the feedback.:twilightsmile: So you like the character overall?

4655592 Yeah, I just needed some color so he didn't look too bland. And I didn't have a lot of choices at that moment.

But thanks. So he seems like an okay and interesting character?

4656048 I noticed the name thing later.

But in all honesty don't try and make your ponysona something you wish you were more. At least don't overdo it.

Sure I loved him! I like the wings though I guess it's generally an old painting and could use some work proportion wise. ((hows the request going?))

4656057 Every piece is still in paper phase. I am trying to experiment with digital, but it gets frustrating. Learning to draw with new tools, new style, new medium, and with my finger are all much more difficult than I had imagined.:raritydespair:

4656048 So far. I actually like to think that he's a thestral.

4656134 Well I can only say "So far so good" for me. I am not complaining because it sure is amazing that you can even draw this good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12