Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Or at least that's how I feel. I wanted to create my own series one day, and to practice, I used to write a few stories on this site. But I was told that one of my stories had a forced premise, and on another story, I was told that my writing was not very good. So I pretty much gave up, and now I don't know what to do.

You could embrace absurdism and shitpost like me.

What function does that serve?

It's fun to write random crap and watch people's reactions to it. If life is pointless; it's up to us to create our own sense of meaning and purpose.

And what if no one responds?

I wrote about a hundred stories before I even started writing on this site. I think that writing stories is about the hardest thing in the world to do. It will take many years to learn to do it well.

Even then, even if you're as gifted as anyone else and work as hard as anyone else, your chances of creating a series are a lot lower than your chances of playing pro football. I don't know what the path is to get to create your own series. Lauren Faust was an animator, not a writer.

As far as people telling you they don't like your stories, that's gonna happen. A lot of the time, they'll be right. If someone criticizes your story, either they're right, and you can learn from it, or they're wrong, and you can ignore them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6