Foalmance 1,225 members · 375 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Does it matter so much the length when it comes to writing a foalcon fic? I was thinking of writing about a one thousand two hundred word story or well stories with around that same word count with a few pairings.

Second question is, are there any short fics of that length that are good to read?

5084117 If you can tell a decent story in just 1200 words then go for it.

I wrote a foalcon paring one-shot with 2931 words.

5084299 But what if people don't like short? :fluttershysad:

Not that I care what others thinks, but I don't want all my stories to be red to the brim because it's short.

I would recommend writing your story till your done the content of the story if that's only 999 words then add one word and submit. I have read many stories both long and short and some of my favourites just barly pass minimum word count the important part is the story its self and the characters in it. So do your best and may all of us that read it see and apriciate the hard work you put in it.

5084528 Thanks man. I appreciate the comment.

My foalcon fic is about 9000 words long.

I would say the minimum amount for a half decent clopfic of any length is at least 2500 words

But what if people don't like short?

People like good stories, long or short. If you manage to write quality, the issue of length will never take precedence.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

5084117 I agree with these two: 5084680 5084726

Generally, 2000-3000 words makes for better short stories and short clopfics, but it all depends on the writer. It takes more skill to write engaging stories/clop with fewer words. Don't let the unknown scare you away from publishing your foalcon, though.

You can view the stories in this and other groups in order by word count, btw. Here are a bunch of foalcon stories under 1100 words (mostly mature btw, so mind your filter):
http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=group&group=208470&folder=44650&view_all&order=words&page=25

Twilight's Bathroom is Flooded With Semen was actually in the featured box on the site's front page when it came out and sparked a bunch of imitation fics. There's a wide range of short fics on that page, from simple clop to sweet little romances. You can look at their vote ratios too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9