Write my fic for me 152 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Blood_rose_doll
Group Admin

I was thinking we could have a writing contest where it would have to be at least two people working on it.

The question arises though if you all would like that and what sort of prizes should be given if any.

Feel free to respond with any and all ideas you might have about this topic.

That does sound like an interesting idea. I do enjoy writing competitions, there are plenty of groups that offer that. But I do think it would be fun if we held our own in this group. I guess prizes would probably be fic reviews or something. They would have to be provided by other members of the group.

If we were to do a writing competition there would have to be certain rules. Such as:

1) A word limit. We can't have someone entering with a 200k word adventure story for a contest that revolves around romance now can we?
2) A deadline for submissions, how much time you want to provide is up to you.
3) A main theme or genre. It could be anything from Crossovers to Random or Romance! Or perhaps it could be a prompt involving a particular character or setting?
4) Any and all limitations in terms of tags. If you don't want a particular type of story to be entered, make that a point.
5) Prizes if any, can be anything.

These are just some of my ideas for how a competition would be held, set up and run. If I were to hold a writing contest I would make people write a fantastic story about Princess Luna. Just saying. :twilightsmile:

I hope this helps!

- A

Blood_rose_doll
Group Admin

4637980 Thank you very much I knew about a couple of the rules but not all. Also the idea for the prize is very interesting as well.

You're welcome. I'm more than happy to help anyone who asks. :twilightblush:

I would like to do a contest as well.

4637980 Has the contest started yet?

I don't believe so no. There should be a group thread announcement when a contest is officially started. I'm pretty sure we will be holding a contest when we hit 100 members. But since I'm not an admin, I couldn't say for sure. You better ask Blood_Rose_Doll, I'm pretty sure she's in charge of of any activities held within the group. :twilightsmile:

- A

4666069 Oops, I clicked on the wrong person. :rainbowlaugh:

4637939 When will the contest start?

Blood_rose_doll
Group Admin

4666073 when we hit 100 members

Malozi
Group Admin

Yes. We should probably start casting votes or something like for genres for the contest. The fic reviews as a prize would be nice. Lord knows I need them.
Blood Rose and I shall convene on this later... eventually.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11