The Safe For Woona League 156 members · 672 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

"The birth of an alicorn is something that Equestria has never seen" ~ Celestia
"It is beyond even our understanding" ~ Luna

These lines like MANY can be interpreted several dozen ways.
However, this very VERY solidly suggests that there is no difference to the type of alicorn that Twilight and cadence are and that Celestia and Luna are. HOWEVER! these lines may simply be referring to some other things, take into account that it is very likely that Equestria did NOT see the birth of Celestia and Luna. OR something hides their past. perhaps they done know if they were born alicorns or not. Or perhaps they knew absolutely NOTHING about Alicorn history, culture, biology, ANYTHING other than what they can find out about themselves.
Regardless, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Celestia remembers her own birth, and if they WERE born alicorns it is either that they are twins and one is simply considered older, or that it is entirely possible they are not actually blood related. But Equestria got two alicorns who stuck together like family so why not?
There are dozens more possibilities but it seems as though my headcanon rings true afterall. If these lines from the canon show are true and mean what it seems like they mean then ALL alicorns have the same lifespan as Luna and Celestia. save for the possibility that their longevity does not actually come from their biology but something they did ASIDE from that.
Ideas, input?

Recon777
Group Admin

There was no comparison (or statement of similarity) made between Twilight/Cadence and Celestia/Luna.

Celestia simply said that Equestria has not seen the birth of an alicorn. Okay... well then Celestia/Luna predate Equestria. That's fine. As for Luna's line, I'll interpret that as a shorthand way of saying "An alicorn being born in these circumstances is something we can't explain."

As for me, I will continue to view Celestia and Luna as being natural born alicorns born physically around 5300 years ago. They are immortal and quite powerful (but not as powerful as they could have been. And Twilight/Cadence are simply "immortal winged unicorns". No special magic beyond what a unicorn might do.

I can see this slipping away down the road as Hasbro continues to fill in their "canon" information and dump all over hundreds of fanfics. Hasbro just doesn't have any idea what a storytelling goldmine it is throwing away by turning the royal sisters into something ordinary. Unless they're going to put all their chips on Flurry?

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

5136143 lol I like to think they are all immortal or as it is said, ageless.
Though I will not say for certain until it is made canon.
lol and yeah, Hasbro is good at damning itself. That is one thing it will ALWAYS be good at.

Can't believe how many times I've had to copy paste this.

Didn't faust confirm that they WERE natural born alicorns? They only said that a natural born alicorn is an event Equestria has never experienced, but in the Journal of the two sisters, it said that they both pre-date Equestria by quite a bit.

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

5137374 I cant believe how many times i have to say this.

It is not canon until it shows up in the show no matter who or what was intended or said by creators.

At the moment we have a canon line that suggests though does not prove that they were not. I still like to think they are born alicorns but it was VERY clearly stated that it was beyond them and that Equestria had never before seen such a thing. There are ten dozen ways to take this but we are going by the critical thinking part.
We dont know what is, and we wont until the show says it. Until then there is no canon explanation. All we CAN do is take what is canon and form our headcanons around that.

5137408 Pretty sure the word of the show creator herself and a book that IS canon (according to hasbro), It is clear that they are both natural born alicorns.

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

5137483 well she did go on record many times explaining that after she left they basically butchered her plans for the show changing things she had very carefully and clearly laid out for them.
As I said it is NOT canon until its canon. meaning they could sign a law binding contract that is a felony to break and promise everyone at every con in the next 50 years that it is so, and the very next episode go back on their word. the Show sadly, does not belong to the creators. It belongs to Hasbro... the evil overlord hasbro. With a snap of their fingers they can make any change they want.
And hey, you dont have to convince me. I think they are naturally born Alicorns I just dont think there is any difference as far as age and power potential when it comes to naturally born and otherwise created alicorns. But hey logic is logic is logic. You cant ague with something that cant be disproven You can just hope and point out evidence.
Faust's words do count as Evidence but with how brutally they have destroyed her work it is not as good of evidence in relation to canon as it once was.

Pretty sure the word of the show creator herself and a book that IS canon (according to hasbro), It is clear that they are both natural born alicorns.

And the journal of the two sisters?

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

5137508 yes they keep saying that and STILL the show counters it. And STILL nothing is canon until it shows up in the show MAKING it canon.
The show has contradicted itself a dozen times and its contradicted its creators even more

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9