Behind The Fic(s) 134 members · 357 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

It was a dark and boring night. I found a video that parodied another video that was made by the Youtube channel College Humor, and it was pony related. I looked at the clips of the show and thought "This look nice. Why is the yellow one going ham on those little animals?" But of course, I could not just skip to the season 1 finale, so I started from the beginning.

I pretty much instantly heard about Fallout: Equestria after watching some MLP related things, and then simultaneously found out about FiMFiction and fan-fiction. I started out with a few ideas, most of the game crossover related. I wanted to do a Skyrim mixed with MLP story. Anyone who has seen how far I got with that would know that it didn't work out. The incomplete and cancelled story still sits there, taunting me.

Then I moved away from that and focused more on original works. I began writing stories that had nothing to do with the main characters, and weren't directly connected to any one inspiration. But I had far too many of those ideas, and my own personal favorite died out when I realized how badly I had butchered it. Darn you 200 Days, you were the right story at the wrong time, with the wrong everything.

What I am proud of are my shorter stories that don't really fit into the current categories of fics (BLEH, I can't believe I just used "fics." I'm a horrible horse). You'll know them when you see them, they're the short interview-ish stories that basically comment on real world problems. Fun. Oddly enough these do have a story behind them, but I don't think it matters whether it's divulged or not.

Well, the general information is done. I think I'll go into more detail with each of my recent stories by reply to myself........

I'm so lonely.

Cards of Prophecy

I did not imagine this to gain as much favor as it did. I was stunned to see how well it had performed, given I half-arsed some of it and considered it a side project.

In all seriousness, I was briefly inspired by the video game "Hand of Fate" to write this story. I simply saw a short playthrough and found the game's mechanics fascinating. An action RPG, where the adventure is based as a magical tabletop card game. Though the working of the game in story is borrowed, I'm glad to say I formed the story and characters on my own, and in the end, fell in love with the nature of the Card Master I had created for the story. And because of that, the Prophecy will continue, as I am currently working on a second story in what may be a trilogy.

Vivaforge

Another game crossover. Heh, screw you SkYrim.

For those who do not know the Geneforge Saga, here's a brief rundown. In a fantasy archipelago, the people there are ruled by a class of magicians known as "Shapers." With powerful magic and secrets closely held, they can "shape" new life to make settlements succeed in inhabitable areas. Their power as rulers come from intense spells meant for Shapers, and the ability to make a variety of magical killing machines. But, as rulers, they are strict, and take serious responsibility in mastery over life. They are so strict in fact, that a rebellion happens. And now we have a conflict.

Vivaforge, so cleverly renamed, is a story I started to write for myself. I will get back to it, for any who wish to see it continue, as soon as I finish a bunch of other stories, especially my main work (over 100k words!). What I particularly wanted in my story was a character with a personality. Geneforge is an RPG, and the character is made to seem bland so that the player can imagine him/herself in the role. But stories need a good protagonist, and darn it I will not let him stand silent 60 to 80 percent of the time!

Broken

If anyone's ever read Toni Morrison's "Beloved," he/she would understand Broken at some level. It's not easy to read, as it's written with intentional grammatical errors and strange vagueness and syntax, made to be as confusing and chaotic as the setting itself. Like the interview-ish stories, this short story was made as a commentary on a certain real world problem. Regardless of my disregard for structure, grammar, and sense, I was more than satisfied with the end result.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4