Behind The Fic(s) 134 members · 355 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Well, I suppose that I will attempt an invigorating hook to obtain the interests of various readers. But how will I do it? Oh, well. I suppose that I will just have to cut unnecessary literary constructs.

I am fairly new, and fairly old to this site. I have been here for almost two years now, mostly as a lazy and selfesh reader. However I have recently begun to give back by writing stories, editing, doing artwork, and whatever else I can do to assist the wonderful bronies on this site.

As for my writing techniques, well they are complicated. Ever since I have read the Fire Within series by Chris D'Lacey, I have used the same organic style as he does. I don't really sit down and think intensely about where I want the story to go. I don't plan much at all. I simply allow the ideas to flow through me and onto the screen. I sometimes also meditate, and get lost in a daydream that shows me what happens next. Or sometimes roleplaying works for me. It really helps to become the character and see from their view. And on the rare occasions that I happen to remember my dreams, and when they are about ponies, I draw inspiration from those as well. But mostly, my process consists of filling my ear with pleasant melodical musings, and letting the story pour through my mind, to my fingers, and on the screen. It is like I am a midwife just helping the narrative come into this world through the gaping hole of imagination. And when I get stuck, sometimes I like to take a die or a coin, assign a path for the story to take to each side, and let entropy take the reins.

I also research extensively on any facts that I pose in my fics. I like to be accurate and knowledgeable. It kind of irks me a bit whenever I spot a scientific or historical fallacy. Almost kills the immersion for me.

So far, I could be doing a lot better. I just want to get good enough to give people something to enjoy. So many authors have given me the gift of escape, adventure, love, lust, loss, solace, pain, and total immersion. I want as many people as possible to discover this wonder, this miracle. There isn't a movie or TV show that could dent some of the best stories that I have had the great privilege of reading. And that is my goal with writing, to spread a miracle of the mind to many who encounter it.

If you wish to ask about anything, or want to discuss anything, you can comment here or PM me. Thanks for listening to my probably unhelpful and lackluster narcissistic rant.

Here are the links to my stories if anyone is curious as to what my chaotic process contrives and implores. Have a great day.

http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=category&user=193735

4569439 Your process is somewhat similar to my own. I never have a set format when I write, but allow the characters and their development dictate what happens next. However, my writing relies almost entirely upon my own imagination/roleplaying. I visualize all the scenes as the character in question, then and only then do I start to write. I just don't write characters as characters. When I write, I write as a character if that makes sense. He, he. It fits well with my highly subjective style of writing.

4574905 Yeah. Although, I mostly just get put into the character's perspective when I daydream/fantasize. When I write, I more or less feel like I am just receiving directions that I need to decipher. And I almost go into a trance when I write. Music helps this process greatly. I feel like writing a collaboration with you know. I haven't met with many writers who do so organically.:twilightsmile:

4574981 I'm always open to collabs. ^^ It helps me improve as a writer myself. Got a few stories that are "stuck" and need outside intervention. XD

4574992 Well, I am happy to bounce them around the room with ya. Just PM me whenever you want to get started.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5