Behind The Fic(s) 134 members · 355 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

This is where I talk about my inspirations for my numerous MLP fanfictions.

Kingdom of Avia

Status: incomplete, will be completed eventually, but it will be a while because the story's pretty long.

This is the first fanfic I wrote on here, though I've recently rewritten the entire story to improve it. I was inspired because I saw there was a decided lack of deadly enemies and threats, and warrior characters in MLP. In addition, there was a lack of natural colors for the characters. So i added both in the story.

The story is about an alternate world that is much more dangerous and wild than the show. It centers around Avia, a kingdom of wild horses that is one of the many warrior kingdoms (in this AU, peaceful kingdoms like Equestria are very rare) that has just gotten a new queen. At the time she comes to power, there's lots of danger and trouble in the various kingdoms around and at the borders and such. She and the members of her kingdom are simply trying to stay alive even though their realm is growing more and more hostile.

Story link: Kingdom of Avia

The Eighth Sea

Status: incomplete, will be completed eventually, but will be a while because the story is going to be pretty long.

This story is a direct sequel to Kingdom of Avia, and once again, I've basically rewritten the entire story. I was inspired to write this because MLP has a decided lack of really epic adventure as well, and I felt that Avia needed a sequel.

In this story, a group of travelers of several different species need to travel to the mysterious Eighth Sea that no traveler has ever returned from save one, and the one who returned was stark raving mad. Within the Eighth Sea is a magical treasure that will allow the travelers to finally destroy the evil in the realm for good. But to get the treasure, they have to manage to stay alive...

Story link: The Eighth Sea

Kingdoms of Freedom

Status: unpublished as of right now, will publish after I finish Kingdom of Avia and The Eighth Sea.

This story is a direct sequel to Eighth Sea, and by extension Kingdom of Avia. I wrote it because I wanted the stories in Avia and Eighth Sea to continue.

In this story, the narrative of Kingdom of Avia and The Eighth Sea intertwine, and it is up to the warriors to finally defeat the evil in the realm for good, if the evil doesn't kill them first.

No link because it's not yet published.

But What Became of Them?

Status: not yet published, need to finish the other main AviaVerse stories first.

I came up with this story while thinking of how things would be in the aftermath of Kingdoms of Freedom for the survivors. So it's a direct sequel to the previous three AviaVerse stories: Avia, Eighth Sea, and Freedom.

No link because it's not yet published.

AviaVerse Origins series

Status: not yet published, but will be soon, hopefully. Not too long of stories.

I was inspired to write this when I realized that the AviaVerse versions of canon characters were far removed from the show versions, and I wanted to explain how the big player characters came to be in this universe. Also, the AviaVerse main characters didn't have their origins written out in any of the main AviaVerse stories so as not to detract from the action.

Like the series title says, this series is basically the origins of the big players in the AviaVerse stories. So far, I have one for AviaVerse Discord, AviaVerse Sombra, AviaVerse Chrysalis, AviaVerse Celestia and Luna, and of course the main AviaVerse characters themselves.

No link because they are not yet published.

AviaVerse Histories and Legends series

I was inspired to write this so I could tell the histories around each of the locations in my AviaVerse without taking away from the action in the main AviaVerse stories.

As the title says, this series is on the histories and legends surrounding each area that is very important in the AviaVerse. So far, I have one for Avia (naturally), one for the Underground (another important location), one for the Crystal Kingdom, and one for Equestria. There are other kingdoms mentioned, but I'm not sure if there's enough attention on them to give them an entire Histories and Legends story.

No link yet because they are not yet published.

Thieves' Gala

I was inspired to write this short story after watching "Make New Friends but Keep Discord". Basically, I was wondering how the Grand Galloping Gala would go in the AviaVerse if Discord was involved.

This story involves Discord teaming up with one of his (numerous) blood enemies, a bounty hunter/thief unicorn named Storm, in order to make trouble at the Gala. Storm is there to steal jewels and money, and Discord is there to find prey (in the AviaVerse he's a carnivore who kills and eats large herbivores, including ponies). There is no way this will end well.

Story link: Thieves' Gala

Dr. Bobtail

I was inspired to do this story after watching a bunch of "A Moment with Dr. Wolf" videos on YouTube, and also from remembering an RP between me and some of my friends a while back involving a psychiatrist. I found myself wondering what would happen if my AviaVerse warriors met a psychiatrist who really hated (and was terrible at) his job. I tried to go for a slight darkly-comedic tone for this story.

Basically, the story has Dr. Bobtail, the Ponyville psychiatrist, talking to (and/or arguing with) various characters from my AviaVerse series. Which he really does not like. All I will say is, Bobtail better have really good insurance, and know a good therapist.

Story link: Dr. Bobtail

Quest for Harmony

Status: ON HIATUS til I figure out how to write the next chapter. This will probably take a LONG time, but I do plan on eventually finishing it!

Note: this story was originally by TheColorGreen, but when they cancelled it, I loved it so much I asked if there was some way I could continue where they had left off. So they had the story transferred to my account. This is the only story of mine that is NOT in the AviaVerse universe.

Basically, this story is a darker retelling of the MLP episodes in an alternate universe where ponies are specieist (earth ponies are slaves, pegasi are warriors, etc.) and the world is much more hostile (bandits, carnivores, etc.), and centers around the AU version of the Mane Six as they try to find and activate the Elements of Harmony, if they don't die first.

Story link: Quest for Harmony

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10