World of Warships Bronies 69 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

They WILL be coming at some point, we all know this. So I thought I'd get a speculation tree going. What ships do you expect at what tier? What sort of general features do you think the RN battleships will have to make them distinct from the battleships of other navies?

Tier III is going to be HMS Dreadnought, of course. I suspect HMS Hood will make an appearance at Tier VII or VIII.

Guns: I suspect that the RN BBs will have very powerful guns for their tiers, but perhaps less accurate than other navies. Historically, the accuracy of RN gunners was worse than that of the German navy. As an offset, I'm guessing they will have some of the worst turret rotation of any fleet as far as their large caliber guns goes.

Armor: Their armor will be good, but not up to the standards of the german ships. No clue if they'll give them turtleback or not. Deck armor might be a bit thin until later ships.

Torpedo defense: I'm guessing the RN bbs will have the best torpedo belts/bulges of any bb line, upwards of 50% reduction.

Maneuverability: Just a hunch that they'll have the best turning circles of any bb line... dunno about actual rudder shift though. Speeds probably average.

Anyhow, this is all just speculation on my part. Thoughts?

5496555 I have the Warspite and its turning circle is 550 rudder shift of 14.2. It's speed is 24.1 knts with the signal flag. The main battery fires 15 in shells max damage is 11200, the rage is 16.4 km and with the scout plane 18.4 km.

So over all the first haft of the line will be slow and close range brawlers.

I have the Warspite as well, but you cannot judge an entire ship line on one ship because they tend to have variances to them. The Kongo compared to the other early tier Japanese BB for example, or comparing early tier US BBs to their late Tier BBs.

So I'm thinking on what their line as a whole might have in the way of common themes, even if there is the occasional odd ship out.

Harms Way
Group Admin

Here is what I think the Royal Navy's Battleship branch in the tech tree would look like. This is from a different thread, but my opinion hasn't really changed since then.

Tier III: HMS Dreadnought
Tier IV: Orion Class
Tier V: Iron Duke Class
Tier VI: Queen Elizabeth Class
Tier VII: Revenge Class
Tier VIII: Nelson Class
Tier IX: King George V Class
Tier X: HMS Vanguard

Hmmm.... only eight 15" guns on a tier X battleship? I can't really see that working at that tier. If they did put in the Vanguard, they'd likely give her higher caliber guns. Edit: They'll probably add the intend Lion class as the tier X battleship. She had 406mm guns and that would put her in range of the other Tier X's.

And I cannot see them NOT including the HMS Hood at some tier. She's too well known not to include. Perhaps as a premium?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6