Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Pidgeons
Group Admin

Very odd . . .

No comments here. Judge for yourself the legitimacy of the article.

I don't think it requires quite as many semi-conspiratorial steps as people think.

Trump may have been a liberal in a lot of respects, but he was still a birther pre-2012. And as far as BLM, I don't think you need to wonder why they're acting the way they are at all.

The Clinton family, for some inexplicable reason, has always been incredibly popular with the black demographic; remember back when Bill Clinton was declared "the first black president" in the 90's?

Went on to champion all manner of causes that hurt them, but let's not let actual policy get in the way of calling the Clintons true progressives. Nobody else has!

In addition, like most other hashtag-named groups, BLM has a very narrow, very tight focus. They see a real problem - the justice system's injustice towards blacks - and any solution that doesn't obviously and directly address that problem is seen as insufficient. So when they asked Bernie and most of the other candidates what they'd do about their problem, none of the answers they received were satisfactory. This despite the fact that Bernie's answer re: addressing the economic issues would probably be the one that would do the most to help fix the underlying issues in the system that aren't caused by actual racism.

But, to BLM, all the problems are caused by actual racism. There aren't any questions about how the stats work out if you adjust for poverty levels. No questions about anything except skin color and relative levels of artillery. Presented with a problem, they look at the most obvious solution, and as a result demand solutions to an -ism.

Of course, as we've seen throughout time... it's awfully hard to declare war on -isms. And usually very damaging to those who are the worst off among us.

But it's really reassuring to know that there's a war on them, isn't it?

Triple Word Score
Group Admin

I'm convinced Trump is a master troll. During the GOP debate, he openly admitted to bribing politicians and playing both sides. Everyone else on stage walked right into it. The ones he had donated acted like nothing was wrong. The ones he hadn't donated to basically said, "You can bribe me any time, Mr. Trump. My loyalty is for sale. Ain't politics great?"

As for the #BLM people (really, it was just a couple idiots wearing BLM masks) crashing Bernie's rally, they probably picked his because they would have been shot at anyone else's. Bernie showed amazing restraint in that regard. Better to just give up the mic and let them make fools of themselves than to get the cops involved and make a huge mess out of the whole thing.

As a semi-related note, there's been a bit of argument over what it was that Bernie said on Meet the Press yesterday.

This seems to have the fullest text I've found yet.

Christ, whatever the goal of #BLM in tracking Bernie, seeing them used to attack him like this - by the people who should be supporting him - sickens me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4