Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Pidgeons
Group Admin

So, apparently Sanders can draw huge crowds in a red state too. I can't wait to see how he does in Texas.

I'm surprised Fox gave him the kind of coverage they did.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

Yeah, me too.

I kinda wondered if they messed with the sound just to screw with him, though.

Anyway, he also encountered trouble in Phoenix, but not at that event. Black hecklers drowned out both him and O'Malley. Though, that might be a blessing in disguise; he's started talking about racism too now, which might steal the minority vote from Clinton.

DH7
Group Admin

Pretty sure that local broadcast stations like Fox10 are entirely different from Fox News.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

Ok, yeah that would explain it. I can't imagine Faux news giving Bernie an hour. o.0

Maybe, but it's still FOX.

DH7
Group Admin

Yes and no. It's really more complicated than that. The guy who own Fox and IGN, first, and foremost, is out to make money, and Fox TV has always pandered to more liberal viewers. FOX NEWS may be owned by the same people, but it's really a different beast, a massively successful propaganda machine. Local news stations on Fox TV have been around for a lot longer. The one in my area really just reported on the news, as the local CBS KFVS12 station is more robust and already fills that niche.

I've read up on it before, but that was a long time ago, and I found it all to be really confusing.

That's why I don't watch news on TV. And most of the time there is no news...

DH7
Group Admin

Even here, which is mostly super-small towns and miles and miles of farmland, KFVS12 occasionally has a shooting to report, or something on domestic violence, or a meth lab that was found. They might report on a local carnival or an event being held in the next town over, or something about local politics and ordinances. It's interesting enough.

I live in a rural town in Michigan's upper peninsula, so I know what you mean.

After watching his speech for about ten minutes, I realized it was the same speech he made in Madison.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

*Shrugs* at least the message is consistent, though I would rather see him tailor his message for each state.

Me too. I'm reminded of a scene from Head of State where Bernie Mac asked Chris Rock when he was going to speak. Not from the script, but from the heart.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13