Applejack's Parents 150 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

http://lopoddity.deviantart.com/art/Applejack-s-parents-headcanon-Howdy-425717057

This is my absolute favorite background for the Apple parents, the one that I would fight tooth and nail to be made canon if there was a way it could happen.

As for me, it's been a while since I read it, but I distinctly remember adopting the headcanon of BronyDad's story "Apples Don't Fall Far from the Tree" regarding Applejack's parents.

Titanium Dragon
Group Admin

I do love the idea of Applejack's dad being Johnny Appleseed, which is why I went with Jonagold as his name in my own stories about him.

I almost used that image in the banner here, incidentally; it is a good one.

4556213 The head cannon for Applejack's dad for me will be just like Johnny Appleseed. He's got the right look and feel to it.

I also came up with my own headcanon for why Grannie Smith never talks about Johnny: She never fully forgave him for going bad in his youth. Even though he straightened out, he was an Apple, and Apples just aren't supposed to go bad. Added to this is a sense of shame toward herself for not being able to forgive him and regret that she never got a chance to fully heal their relationship before he and Honeybell died.

Titanium Dragon
Group Admin

Admittedly, one idea that I've played around with (because it amuses me) is the idea that it is Applejack's MOTHER who was the huge one, while her dad was normal-sized.

Also, that AJ's mom was the hat wearer, though that may just be to be contrary. :ajsmug:

4556346 My own head cannon is a little different then yours. Mostly he is a slacker in the family. During his youth he didn't real know what to do in life and did odd end jobs for his family. I also picture him being the youngest of three, having one older brother and sister. When he goes to Manehattan with his brother to deliver a delivery of apples it was then he saw the mare he would come to love. Don't get me wrong the mother is beautiful for others head cannon. But to me, in my opinion, I view her to be more red coat and yellow mane.

I'm probably the odd one out with my own headcanon. AJ's mother was the member of the Apple clan while her father married into it. Granny Smith was also not originally a member of the family but that's a different story.

Ambrosia Apple is very much alive and living in Canterlot. She ran away from the farm after the death of her husband Hamlin, and has only been home once or twice in the past decade. Her excuse is she's busy working on Celestia's staff, though in reality she doesn't want to face her eldest daughter. AJ took her father's death hard and hasn't forgiven her mother for leaving.

Hamlin Orange on the other hoof died 10 months before Apple Bloom was born when the Ponyville area was hit with a tropical storm that caused a lot of flooding. Hamlin is of course from Manehatten but always wished for a life outside the city and found it as a worker at Sweet Apple Acres where he met Ambrosia.

4556213 I have a slightly different idea. For me, Applejack's mom is called Clementine Orange. She has green eyes, a light orangish-yellow coat, and a red mane and tail (like AB). Her mane looks like AJ's, except for a pink bow that she wears. AJ's father, Washington Apple, on the other hand, is built like Big Mac, and looks exactly like him, except for his eyes, which were the same amber as Applebloom's and his mother, Granny Smith's (formerly Green Apple Smith), eyes. He often had a yoke on him, and always wore his hat, except for when he was sleeping.

Washington and Clementine met when the Oranges took her and her sister, Valencia (Aunt Orange) to meet their business partners, the Apples. There, she met the only child at Sweet Apple Acres, Washington. They immediately formed a great friendship, that, through the years, turned into love. They happily lived in Sweet Apple Acres, until Clementine's death during the birth of their third child. This caused Washington to start drinking. One day, he wandered out towards the cliff while drunk, with Applejack following him. There they saw a unicorn filly about Applejack's age, with a white coat, a purple mane and sapphire blue eyes crossing the bridge, when it started to fray. Washington raced onto the bridge, and threw the filly out onto the ground, but without the adrenaline that came from saving the filly, his slow, drunken steps could not get him to solid ground again. So, he plummeted into the ground, dying on impact.

The End.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9